Chapter One

Once the teleportation had concluded, Andrew had soon found himself in a strange looking living room with a Rotom Phone sitting on a nearby couch. Picking it up, it appeared to be playing a brief video that was being filmed at a distant stadium and focused on a battle that was in process. It appeared to be between a Gym Leader and the Champion – in which Andrew was amused at, as he'd never really heard of Gym Leaders battling Champions before – only Trainers battling Gym Leaders and Champions. After the video had ended, he quickly pocketed the device just as he could hear someone call out for him.

The voice rang out. "Good day to you! And who may you be? Welcome to the Galar region."

It was a younger boy with short purple hair and a light-cyan jacket with a fluffy hood. Next to him was a fluffy sheep Pokemon.

Andrew replied as he got to his feet. "I'm Andrew, I was just watching the start of a match between Leon and Raihan. People call me the 'Pokemon Expert' due to my knowledge of types and strategies. And thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm Hop, and the best way to cheer on my brother Leon is to do his famous Charizard pose. Oh, and this is Wooloo."

Wooloo made a sound similar to that of a sheep just as an older lady walked in.

The older lady explained. "I'm Audrey, the housekeeper. Welcome to Galar, and I think it's a great day for something good to happen today, isn't it?"

Hop exclaimed. "That's right! Leon loves bringing surprises with him whenever he visits! I can't wait to introduce you to my champion brother!"

Andrew's jaw dropped as he stated. "Leon, the CHAMPION of Galar... is your brother? I'm surprised. I'm in with whatever it is that you're up to, Hop."

"But before we head to the station – we MUST visit my house, got it?"

Andrew nodded at this before grabbing a backpack and hat from the spare room. With that, he proceeded to farewell Audrey, promising not to step in long grass without a partner, before setting off.

Walking outside, the atmosphere felt very familiar as Andrew walked through the garden path that lined the stone pathway and past the small Pokemon that he recognised as Budew before crossing the gap in the stone wall. After going down a brief hill that was barricaded by a hedge, that was when Andrew had soon caught up to Hop.

Hop quickly commented. "It's so big, that it will hold a lot of Pokeballs, Potions and maybe even Leon's gift on top!"

Andrew asked, pointing to the Wooloo that appeared to be charging at a gate over and over. "I don't think the Wooloo should be doing that – as the forest just beyond it is... mysterious. What is that place, anyway?"

"That Wooloo must've smelled something from within Slumbering Weald... No matter how many times I've called it while I was waiting for you – it won't listen. Anyway, are you coming along to my house? You get to meet my mother, as she'll know where my brother is."

"Got it, Hop."

"Let's go!"

Andrew soon quickly followed Hop to a nearby cottage across a bridge and down the path a little that Hop called his home. Just near the stone-walled cottage, was a small shed, dining set-up and a Pokemon battling ground. On approaching the front door, Andrew knocked on it for a little bit and on hearing someone call out to him – that was when Andrew proceeded to gently open the door.

Walking through to the kitchen with Hop, Andrew noticed how green the kitchen area was and how it contrasted with the wooden floor, blue carpet and orange wall. In the corner, was an older lady that looked similar to Hop but with longer hair and a yellow sweater – meaning that this was his mother.