Chapter 1 - The Transfer

Warning: swearing, threats of death, violence, lesbianism

Patrol was unusually calm, but it shouldn't have come as a surprise since my transfer. I wasn't in my home sector anymore. Here at the heart of the capital, where those brilliant women all reign together, is definitely safer and nicer on the eyes. I walk down the busy main street just a few passes behind my patrol officer, his horns are almost as big as his need to constantly chat. Suspicious they placed us non humans together, the people around us surely do notice us, rude fuckers. But, I will take what I can get. If I can somehow make this transfer permanent, things could actually get better for once.

I try to listen to what my instructor is telling me, but my mind drifts as we pass an electrical appliance store with TVs scattered across the front windows, playing live footage from the parliament. There in all their glory was Blanka and her associates, but my eyes immediately drifted to the women at her side whom was so tall she barely fit into the frame of the screen.

Marigold Tempest.

"Unlucky us, am I right?"

my instructors voice snapped me out of my daze, he now stood beside me, facing the screens.

"Pardon sir?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Well its just, out of all them amazing leaders to control the officers and policing forces, it just had to be the Tempest. Nothin' but horror stories come from the headquarters she runs." as he finished his sentence he began to walk again, getting back on track with the patrol, I quickly followed, but my eyes stayed glued to the screen as long as possible. How could someone to beautiful be so fearsome?

"Yes, even my previous precinct had rumor's about her, and it was pretty much as far from central as one can get." I add on, hoping he will tell me more about the one interesting topic he's talked about all day.

"Oh yeah? Which rumor's?" He asked, turning his head to gaze at me with an amused expression and a raised eyebrow.

"Apparently, so I'm told, she talks nothing but gibberish and physically assaults her employees all the time." I say with carful grace. He just chuckled.

"So you only know of the soft stuff huh?" He said with a sinker. I rolled my eyes and played along.

"How could that possibly be the soft stuff?" I ask with feigned ignorance, I can imagine much worse things, but lets see what supposedly happens.

"The headquarters is practically where that women lives. We literally call it the den of the Tempest dragon. She has these private rooms with red doors where she takes people, sometimes to interrogate criminals, but other times, she takes employees in there and they... they always come out different. Everyone assumes they're torture chambers, but no one really knows."

"How could no one know if people have made it out before?"

"Like I said, they come out different, changed, spooked and bonkers. Everyone who doesn't come out of those rooms in body bags quits the force and disappears off of the face of the earth anyways."

"That...doesn't sound legal." I say not entirely sure how I was meant to respond to that.

"Haha! Half the shit we officers do isn't legal. Only right our boss leads by example." To that him and I both chuckle.

"So people actually die while working for her?" I ask starting to feel concerned.

"Oh they absolutely do. Last week she flattened a maid like a bloody pancake on a wall with her bare hand just because she broke and spilled some valuable tea set, or something just as ridiculously petty."