𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

They sent forth men to battle, But no such men return; And home, to claim their welcome, Come ashes in an urn.
——— Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The failure of the seven demigods of old was a tale as old as Time itself——decades prior there loomed a Second Great Prophecy that foretold the cruel fate of the world incurring her wrath onto humankind; she was a being awoken from her slumber, hearing the devastation and cruelty that had been cast upon her creations, her beloved children. She grew tired of how the Gods, her supposed grandchildren, had treated their kin and she plotted for centuries; to hear that her son, Kronos had failed to lay waste upon his children enraged her. The Seven of the Prophecy, were demigods of their era, united by both sides, but by one insignificant little change of the Thread itself, doomed them all.

The era of the Gods had vanished overnight; Mother Earth emerged incurring her wrath to humankind, allowing her brother, Erebus to rise with her. The world then had known tombs, death, shadows and bones. The screams of thousands sand a cacophony of grief and rage. Demigods and demigoddess alike were no longer a united front, the two camps raged war after war, scream and shouts, the eerie death rattle. Gone were the stories of heroes old that brought forth hope——they only brought resentment. Thousands of lives lost solely because of the Seven had failed and brought forth humankind's painful end.

Octavia had been haunted by Mother Earth, the most painful reminder that she was of direct descent. Mother Earth was her Father's sister. For what was Mother Earth without Time? Time was endless, but was silent. He had watched as Octavia struggled, whispering words of consolation as she wept; mourning for a life she had dared to desire. Demigods and demigoddesses were destroyed——broken. Of course in the stories of old, war was a commonality in that era, but for her to be a witness of what humanity used to be was not kind. It was a cruel Fate. Time screamed in anger at the cruelty his sister had bestowed upon humanity. Death was swift in the new era, but Death was painful. It was slow. Agonizing. That is when Time began to plot, realizing that the Fates themselves still reigned true, caged in the ruins of what used to be Mount Olympus. He came to them, and they provided him with an answer.

Octavia's Father came to her in a dream, whispering words that she could not make sense. For what was he speaking of second chances? His wordless promise that he would watch over his only child as she would be the humanity's saving grace as long as she remained as the champion of Chronos.

Somewhere, the world roared in rage, witnessing the betrayal of her most beloved brother. The world would never allow such a broken demigoddess to stand in her way; before the gods got to her first, perhaps Mother Earth would have to take her first when she awoke.

ALTERNATIVELY . . .

a demigod daughter of the personification of time itself has been deemed his champion and is taken decades into the past to fix the wrongs that led to humanity being riddled with bloodshed; her presence begins to weave itself into a prophecy that she had only heard of. unable to grasp what lies ahead of her, she must find a way to stop the world from incurring her fury onto humankind once more.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
so, this is something that just came to me today, and decided to go: why not? the story is going to be mostly original content until a certain extent, but then again it's also going to be following the books. this book is also going to be a bit dark because this is a heroes of olympus au where the seven failed and she was there to pick up the pieces. and with pjotv being a thing, i'm going to take elements of that as well due to its take on the cruelty of the gods and how monsters aren't always viewed as such and more like victims, if that makes sense. but yes, this is also going to be about the gods as well. my own little take on this little au.

octavia is literally such a sad person and i just :( but she's also super funny (not in a good way) but she's also a survivalist because again this is an hoo au and a time travel (semi-fix-it au by this fic standards). i already have a couple of things planned, like what her weapon is and the basic world-building.

anyways, hope you guys enjoy this as much as i do.

——————𝐝𝐫𝐞