Chapter 1 / At My Doorstep

He scratched one of the knots in his hair,

"Sorry...I'm just looking for a place to stay for a bit".

You shook your head,

"No! It's fine, you can stay for as long as you like".

You then let him into the house, he looked around. You found his style of clothing strange,

"Are you a cosplayer?" You ask him.

He titled his head, "What's a cosplayer?"

"Oh, so this is actually his style of clothing" You think to yourself.

You sigh, "Sorry, it's just I found your choice of clothes a little weird".

"I find it pretty normal" he said back.

We walked upstairs to the table, where he sat down as you got him some green tea.

"So what's your name?" You ask him, handing him a cup of the tea you just brewed.

"Choso." He softly replies, taking a sip from the tea. He didn't react to it being hot at all.

"I'm Kana Otori" You tell him, he nods, giving you a smile. You smile back, and sit with him for a bit. You try to think of something to talk with him about.

"Tell me about yourself!" You tell him with a smile.

He opens his mouth to speak, "I'm the oldest of ten siblings". You were shocked by this.

"That many...?" Choso nods.

"So did you come here because of a full house or-?" You try to ask him, expecting for him to say something, but he didn't say anything.

"Want to see your room?" You ask him. He nods. He gets out of his chair as you lead him down the hallway to a guest bedroom. You open the door to an unused bedroom, "Here it is".

Choso looks around, and then turns his head to you, "It's great".

You then ask him something.

"Have you ever played videogames?"

Choso shook his head. You tell him to stay there for a moment as you head into your bedroom, taking a console device out of the drawer. You head out of the room, and turn it on.

"My favorite game, Curse Dungeon II".

You make a new game file, and hand the console to Choso. "How do I use this?" he asks.

"The game tells you" You tell him.

Just then, something had hit you. You were having a coworker over for dinner tonight.

"Uhm, Choso..."

"Yeah?" He looks up from his game.

"Do you mind staying in here for the rest of the night?"

Choso nods. You leave the room and shut the door. You go out into the kitchen and look at the time. 5:47. Your coworker, Takahashi Yua, was going to be here in 13 minutes. You quickly rush to Choso's room, opening the door.

"Do you mind keeping things quiet, too?"

He sticks his thumb up, "Sure".

You sigh in relief, and head into your bedroom, changing into something decent for Yua. Now you just had to make dinner. You look up on google: "10 Minute Meals". The first result that came up was Chicken Rice Bowl. You rush out of your room and look through your kitchen, gathering ingredients. Luckily, you had them all.

Now all you had to do was follow the instructions.

"Cook rice in broth according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, corn, peas, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper."