Too tempting to deny

"I thought you would like it Viviana !" she claims, breathless, stopping behind the couch. I sarcastically ask, "Like it? Have you lost your damn mind?" Irritation lingers in my tone as I glance at her incredulously. 

"The Prince will be there himself, and as you know, royals appreciate fashion that reflects their royalty. This is your chance to catch his eye," she dreamily says, a hopeful smile playing on her lips. I feel a surge of anger rising within me.

I folds my arms in front of my chest angrily "You are just making it all look as easy as saying it" she lets out a sighs before replying "Babe, you overthink too much. I have the invitation to the royal mask gala dinner in the palace of Versailles and I would like to take you. As simple as it seems"

"And what I would even show them ? Some of my ideas which couldn't even make their way to the hot 10 in Versailles ?" I exclaims. The disappointment while saying all this was evident in my eyes. Her smiled dropped.

"You are a musician Sasha and I'm still struggling to find myself...whom I lost in the way to nowhere" I replied with tears threatening to come out from my eyes. She noticed and instantly came running to me and pulled me in her arms, caressing my hairs with her hands.

After a min, She pulled away and cupped my face in her hands, "You didn't lost yourself in the way V, You are just trying to become someone who isn't you. That old you is still in you."

No matter how hard I try to compelled myself, my efforts go in vain. "If you think that this is not right for you than I won't ask you anymore to come with me but if you think that maybe this is your chance to find yourself, I am willing to take your hand in mine and walk with you" she said with determination as he held both of my hands in hers.

"You should have been a motivational speaker." I replied while letting out a chuckle. She gently pats my cheeks. "Now, don't let those tears ruin your composure. After all, we have a room full of royals to impress." she said while raising both of eyebrows teasingly. I shook my head at her playfulness.

Who knows....maybe this evening will become the one that I'll remember my whole life.

.

.

.

.

 As we stepped out of the luxurious limousine, a massive crowd of photographers and reporters eagerly awaited our arrival, their cameras poised and ready to capture every moment, dying to get words out of our throat but fortunately, they all have to stay behind the barriers. "Let me tell you, I haven't went to any of these parties so I don't have any idea how we do all this." I Whispered in Sasha's ear while giving that awkward smile to photographers. The lighting of decoration and the camera flashes were hitting my pupil directly "I think I'm going to go back home blind"

"Just do what you would have done in any interview, smile and bear the pain" she whispered back while waving at the crowd some of the fans even started screaming her name. 

I glanced at her one last time and than back at the entrance, and...here goes nothing. 

Entering the majestic building, a sense of relief washes over me as the relentless paparazzi are left behind. The only one remaining is the official royal photographers, capturing every moment of this grand occasion. 

"We have already passed the 1st level that was outside now the real challenge starts, First impression" Sasha  said while looking at me with a smile

"Are you suggesting me to make the unknown prince fall for me, perhaps we should have devised a well-thought-out-plan." I said as I takes the glass of champagne that was being offered as welcome drink.