001. THE FIRST FEW WEEKS

Chapter one

"The first few weeks."

Having touched down in LA, it wasn't strange seeing as they had gone to her grandmothers almost every Christmas but now that Allison was her on her own without her family and that it was just gonna be here in grandma it almost felt a bit more special, where as she headed out of the gate and down the hall following the signs to baggage claim as she carried her carry on, she headed down the escalator and down to baggage claim, where almost everyone who was on the plane were waiting there to pick up there luggage, although the difference between other times was that, it was mostly just business people, so there weren't many bags or people waiting unlike on a holiday, as she reached out and grabbed her suitcase.

And as she did, she heard her grandma "oh, sunshine!" she called out, and when she did, Allison laughed, turning and seeing her standing there, with her blonde hair and her all white outfit, she was so different from her mom, cause while in Denver the rich style was a bit more toned down where even if you wore a dress or a pair of dark wash jeans with a nice top you still managed to fit in, but this was LA and her grandma was a longtime member of the country club here, things were vastly different, and that's what her mom wanted for her.

In which Allison then walked over to her grandma rolling her suitcase behind her "hi, grandma." she told her, as her grandma sighed "oh, your mother told me what happened." she told her, linking her arm with her's as she scoffed "I always told her that Greg wasn't the one and that moving that far away wasn't a good idea, but she didn't listen." she shared, as Allison's eyes went wide, having not thought her mom would've told her that much "um..and did she?" she asked her, as her grandma raised her brows "tell me that you've become some sort of felon? Oh, honey, I used to steal all the time, especially when it came to the liquor from the bar." she shared, and when she did, her and Allison laughed as they headed out of the airport.

Having gotten into her grandma's car and driving down the roads, it was so different then Denver, the mountains were farther away and there were a lot more palm tree's around then regular small tree's as they passed what seemed to be a less fortunate neighborhood and began heading into a more richer area, as they headed up a hill and began passing these huge houses that were as big as the one's that she used to live around, where her grandma then turned the car and parked in the driveway "we're here!" she voiced, turning off the car, the two got out of it, Allison found herself staring at her new home, knowing she'd be staying in her mom's old bedroom.

"Hello, Mrs Robinson!" her grandma voiced, making Allison turn around, seeing her grandma's neighbors who had lived next door since she could remember "hello, Mrs Mills, is that you're granddaughter with you?" Mrs Robinson asked, and when she did, her grandma nodded "yes, this is, Allison, she's gonna be staying with me for the rest of high school, her mom thought she could use a change in scenery." she shared, and when she did, Allison waved to her "it's nice to meet you!" she called out "you to sweetheart! Oh, you should meet my daughter Aisha!" Mrs Robinson called out, looking behind her car.

"Aisha, come say hello." she said, as a bigger girl came out from behind her mothers car holding a bag of groceries as she had shorter hair and wore glasses, Allison waved to her "hi, I'm Allison." she told her, as Aisha smiled at her "Aisha." she told her, and that's all she said, as the girl stepped around her mother and began walking inside, Mrs Robinson furrowed her brows "she's just shy." she told them, as Allison's grandma laughed "my little sunshine has that effect on people. We'll see you around!" she voiced, as the two turned walking to the back of the trunk, pulling out Allison's bags.

"Ooh, these are not gonna be enough clothes. We'll definitely have to take you shopping." her grandma shared, as she closed the trunk and began walking up the driveway, Allison followed behind her "and I already did the grocery shopping but all your favorite foods and I thought tonight for dinner, we'd just do a simple pizza." her grandma shared, as Allison chuckled "grandma, whatever you wanna do is fine with me." she told her, as her grandma sighed, unlocking the front door "I know, it's just.." she told her, opening the door and walking in, and as she did, Allison followed in behind her, looking up at the giant staircase that led upstairs.