2 | Strange Encounter

𝕳𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖎𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖋𝖔𝖔𝖉

────────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹────────

There has been massive changes in the Dursley household ever since those letters arrived for the Potter twins. 

The worn out parchment envelope, sealed with a distinct rusty red colored wax which had been delivered on daily at the doorstep was something that Rosalie has memorized to detail. 

She sighed, placing away last of her belongings in a cupboard. Her aunt and uncle had generously asked them to move to the third spare bedroom upstairs, that previously belonged to Dudley, in hopes that the letters might stop. 

"I am so not going to miss those cobwebs," Harry spoke under his breath as he walked in the room with a box full of his stuff. He hastily placed it beside the singular bed before plopping on the bed, making the bed squeak. "There is so much room here to sleep."

The room was relatively small compared with others upstairs, but it was still big enough to the Potters who were used to living in cramp spaces. The furniture in the room was also rather old, a worn out wooden desk and chair, a lamp which was not functioning and an old shelf which belonged to Petunia, but now held numerous of Dudley's stuff and bunch of books. Even the bed made a concerning squeak sound every time someone would climb it, almost as if it was about to break down. 

"Right," Rosalie replied before playfully slapping his arm, "Hey don't fall asleep yet. You need to help me with the mattress." 

They had agreed to get Rosalie's mattress and blankets from garage. Considering there was only one worn down bed and Vernon was not going to help them transfer the bed from garage, they would alternatively sleep on floor and bed weekly. 

"Now?!" the boy complained, "Can't we wait till they deal with Dudley? He is still throwing a fit outside."

True to Harry's words, both soon heard an annoying shrill cry from Dudley followed by the words 'I want that room... Get them out of there.'

"Anyways... I want that letter."

"So do I," Rosalie said dryly, "But you saw him burn those too." 

'NOOOO!! GET THEM OUT. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TAKE MY ROOM.'

"I was thinking what if they are sent again?"

Rosalie though of that before nodding, "I believe so too. Eventually whoever sent us letters might send them again. Or just show up."

"Do you think they are friends with mum and dad?" Harry asked, sitting upright to look at his sister.

"How else would they know about us, you dummy. Of course they know mum and dad."