Part 17

POV: Mr Park

"Do you think it's too soon?" I asked my brother.

"I stopped following the world's timeline. If I have prayed about it and God confirms it in some way or form, I will go ahead with it. Don't miss an opportunity just because people are telling you to delay it, pray about it first and see what God has to say about it."

"Am I talking to my brother?"

"I am not just a handsome warrior in the Lord, with impeccable charisma and style, who broke a lot of girl's hearts when I got engaged, with an undeniable sense of humour and a good-catch --- "

"What is your point, Gideon?"

"Talk to God about it first."

"What do you think I have been doing since she came back? I want to break the cycle of getting serious with people that God has not willed for me. I want my Sarah, my Leah, my Mary, my Abigail."

"I do not have tissues so please, do not get vulnerable with me," replied Gideon.

"I know what to do," I stood up and grabbed my care keys.

"Remember, until I'm married, your business is our business. Love you, brother," shouted Gideon as he exited the room.

On the way to Hannah's house, I stopped by a florist and got her white Tulips. I got to her house and knocked and it was Kathrine who came to answer the door. "She's in the kitchen," Kathrine revealed.

Hannah was so focused on her cooking that she did not even realise that I was there.

POV: Hannah

I was so worried about my sister. She had fallen ill with a cold and I couldn't even see her just yet. We were in communication and she understood that if we saw each other often, someone might recognize us and report us to Mr Shikongo. So in case I get compromised, at least she would not be with me but with Kathrine. So I was just preparing some soup for her whilst Kathrine had gone to buy her medicine.

In the middle of cooking, I lost focus and thought back to when I saw Mr Park again. He didn't raise his voice at me rather he embraced me and I loved that. An innocent act but very impactful. I wish I could just get a hug right now from him, so that he can tell me that everything will be alright.

At that moment, an arm wrapped around my shoulder as a bouquet of white flowers displayed in front of my eyes. Mr Park. I turned my head to find his gaze on me. "Hi," he smiled at me, as I got the flowers from him.

"Am I disturbing? You looked focused on your cooking."

I switched off the stove and faced him. "My sister is quite ill, so I 'm just a little bothered."

"Has she gone to the hospital? Is there anything that I can do to help?"

"A hug might help me a lot."

He opened up his arms for me and I gave him a tight squeeze. "Have I ever told you that I love your hugs? They are a good medicine to distress," I murmured.

"Is this a cute way of you telling me that you want more hugs from me?"

"Maybe," I smiled.

"Do you mind gracing me with your presence before sundown today?"

Wait, was he asking me out? I looked up at him and his eyes were already on me. He looked so scared yet adorable. "Mr Park, are you asking me out?"