☁ Asher || Bad Solstice ☁

A/N: Welcome welcome, here to start this book off right with some Asher x reader, hope yall enjoy

Your eyes slowly blink open, you stir slightly in Asher's arms, the shifter in question had his arms wrapped firmly around your middle, with one leg up laying over yours, like he was clinging onto you. You weren't entirely surprised, when he explained to you all that time ago what the summer solstice would do to him you were prepared to deal with him, seeing as he was basically just.. Sick. but.. Magically sick? For once you thanked whoever made you unempowered.

You turn your head to look down at him, his mop of messy hair indicating his head was turned down towards your chest. You scoff lightly, "Ash~" You coo, he only holds onto you tighter, like he was scared you would pull away. "Babe.." You murmur, he hums softly in reply, asking you to continue. "Come with me to the kitchen, you need some breakfast in you." You say, taking on an almost maternal tone as you tell him. He grumbles, squeezing you. "I'll be there with you, you can hold onto me. I just wanna get you something to eat before we lay down again." He still seems against your claims. "Don' need it.." he mumbles half-assedly. You laugh softly, "Baby.. you need food." You insist, "5 more minutes.." He mumbles into your shirt. You sigh, "5 more minutes. I'm holding you to that" You say almost sternly. "Mkay.." He says, a lighter air to his mumbling, as if he were happy he managed to win you over.

You pull a hand up, Moving to pet his head gently, tangling your fingers through his hair tendingly. He moves his head up on your chest, leaning towards the feeling. You move your hand to hook a finger gently under his chin, turning his head to face you. His expression was tired, a small pout on his lips and his hair flattened and messy from moving around in his sleep. You laugh quietly, his expression shifting to one of mild confusion or faux hurt. "What??" A smile shows on his face as he speaks, "You look like a wet dog." You tease, his eyes widen in shock, mouth falling open. "I can't believe you.." He says disbelievingly, only lengthening your laugh as you look at him, unable to take him seriously. "It's the summer solstice baabe.. Be nice to me.." He grumbles and flops his head back down.

"Aww noo.. I'm sorry sweetie.." He hums, not taking your apology it seems. "Can I give you a kiss to make it better?" You ask, making his head turn back up to look at you. "3, no more no less." He says, turning his head up impudently. Your jaw drops in fake shock. "In this economy?? Really??" You do your best 'shocked' impression. "Mhm." He says with a nod. You roll your eyes playfully. "Fine.. twist my arm why don't you" You tease with a small chuckle as you lean forward and give him his apology kisses.

You press one to his forehead, one to his cheek. "Can I pay ya back the rest later?" He seems happy, but his smile turns to a frown as you say this, "Nope. All now or I'll be upset with you forever." He teases, with a cheeky smile. "Fiiine.." You roll your eyes as he leans close to get his well deserved third kiss. He pulls away but only slightly so he can see your face.

"Maybe I gotta get upset at you more often, if it earns me some of those kisses?" He jokes. You scoff, "5 minutes are up, c'mon, we're getting breakfast." You say, sitting up, much to Asher's dismay as he grabs onto you as if trying to pull you back down. "Nooooooo! Baaaaabeee..." He whines, Staring up at you with puppy dog eyes. "Don't give me that look, you need food, And we're gonna get you food." You say, standing up and throwing something loose on, given it was the dead of summer and it was hot inside.

You turn back to him, giving you a look with a pout and his arms crossed firmly across his chest. "You can't pull me back with the power of your mind baby.." You say shaking your head slowly. "Oh yes i can," He puts his hands to his temples and stares at you with a furrowed brow and an overly focused expression. You smile and sigh at his antics, walking over to him and giving him a small kiss to his forehead. "See? it worked." He teases, looking up at you before you kiss him again, "Do you wanna stay here? I can bring it to you." You ask, making your voice soft. "Nah, I'll get up.. I am hungry, you're right.." He says almost dejectedly, you take his hand, as if helping him off the bed as he also throws something easy and quick on. Intending on taking it right back off once the two of you headed back to bed.

You both walk to the kitchen, Asher practically leaning up against you. "What do you want, baby?" You question, keeping your voice quiet seeing as he was literally leaned against you. He scoffs, smiling, "I want to go back to bed and lay down with you." You roll your eyes, "I mean food." you clarify, "Do kisses count? Cause I could go for tons of those." He says with an almost mischievous expression. "Oh my god ash.." You mumble lightheartedly. "The faster we get this done the faster we can go back to bed." You say, "Damn it you're right." He says, looking around the kitchen thoughtfully for a moment. "I just want something easy, toast or cereals good babe." He says, resting his chin on the top of your head as you walk your way to the cupboard and pull his favorite cereal out, preparing 2 bowls of the stuff.

The two of you settle onto the couch, him still leaning his head on you as he eats. You turn on a show in the background, before turning your head into him, "You feeling okay?" You ask, checking in with a soft tone and voice. "Yeah, It doesn't hurt or anything." He says, "Thanks for wanting to help babe, and.. All the other years the solstice went by." He says with a brief laugh. You smile, "I'm happy to help baby, especially when you're not feeling well." You reply, "Hey- same goes with you. I know you like taking care of yourself and all.. But I wanna help when you're not feeling good too!" He says quickly, You laugh softly, "I know you do baby, I know.." You reply, "I like pampering you too sometimes.." He says, "And it's very sweet when you do love." You say comfortingly.

He sighs, "Can we go back to the bedroom now?" He asks as if sitting up is the worst thing ever to him. You roll your eyes, "When you finish your cereal." You say like a parent telling their kid to sit down and finish their meal. And like the child in this scenario, he groans, leaning his head back. Before leaning back forward and eating quicker.

A few minutes go by, you thought the two of you were just watching the show but Asher seemingly ate as fast as he could manage in that span. "Alright, now can we go back to the bedroom?" He asks, you glance back over at him and his bowl, to see it empty. Your eyes widen, "You're gonna have a stomach ache later, you know that right." He grumbles, "I don't careeee, I just wanna lay in bed with you baabe.." He whines, making you sigh, as you stand up with your own cereal. "Fine, but I'm gonna have to sit up so I can finish eating." You state, and he nods, standing up excitedly.

The two of you settle into your bedroom, Asher laying in his head in your lap while you run your fingers through his hair, making it even messier than it normally was. His eyes were closed, as he turns his head into your stomach, holding onto you. You look down at him, smiling softly, watching as his breathing slowed to an even pace, noticing he was falling asleep. You place the (now finished) bowl of cereal on the bedside table to clean up later, pulling him with you as you laid down. You feel him wrap around you once more, closing your eyes softly as the two of you fell into a peaceful sleep.

WC: 1426 words