Meet the characters.

Character one:
Marlow Valentine.

Marlow Valentine is a twenty-one year old female. She is 5'5 / 165 c m. She was born July 7th, 1981. She is Caucasian and American. She was born in Oregon, Springfield, but shortly after moved to Dallas, Texas. She is straight but an alley. Marlow has pale, almost white, skin, dark sage green eyes, black long hair, a round face and glasses. She has a strong phobia of mice. She has an IQ of 86. Marlow grew up poor, and didn't have much friends or money. She was home schooled for all of her school life except 12th grade, which she dropped out barely halfway through. Her style can be categorized  as alt or grunge. She is courageous and quite considerate, but she is sneaky and full of lies. She is willing to do whatever it takes, no matter the cost. To her, as long as she is safe and happy, nothing else matters. Her parents died in 1999, just a couple years before the outbreak. Her father had stage three throat cancer, and her mom, devastated as ever, had committed suicide as she couldn't handle the grief. Marlow wanted to care, but she couldn't find it in her to feel genuine grief over their deaths. Every night she lays in bed, staring at the ceiling, wishing she'd feel grief or guilt for their deaths; hoping to God one day she will understand what mental pain feel likes.

The rest of her story will be published later. (On this edited piece)
------------------------------------------------------

Character two:
Simon L. Scott

Simon L. Scott is a thirty-three year old man. He is 6'8 / 203 cm. He was born July 10th, 1969. He is German and was born in Frankfurt, Germany. He identifies as asexual but hasn't come out yet, due to heavily homophobic parents and peers. He is also a satanist, which again, is hidden from everyone. Simon has tan skin, black eyes and black hair. He has a bachelors degree and took law school. He has a sharp jaw, and an oval face shape. He is brave and honorable, but very hot headed and harsh. He has an IQ of 101 and has a fear of wine glasses, the reason is unknown. Simon grew up very wealthy with rich parents. But, having rich and busy parents means tons of unintentional neglect. He grew up ashamed of himself and was neglected for care and love. Money doesn't buy you happiness, and Simon stood by that saying from the age of ten to now. He suffers from extreme anxiety, making him sound more harsh and rude. At the age of twenty, he found out his father and been molesting little girls down the road from their house, and one of those happened to be a little girl Simon used to baby sit. His mother knew, and didn't do anything about it, claiming it was all a joke and nothing was genuine. At the age of twenty-four, he cut off all contact with his parents permanently. He hasn't seem them for almost an entire decade; and he doesn't regret a bit of it.

-- --

The day was bright and early, July 10th of 1969 in Frankfurt, Germany. Two married people, Escasee (ES-cuh-see) Klein and Frank Klein, were introduced to their healthy baby boy. The mother holds the baby in her arms, staring at the child. This isn't what either of them wanted, but, a child is a child, and they need to take care of him.

Simon grew up very wealthy with rich folk all around him in his neighborhood. He went to the best school in their state. He grew up with lots of toys, food, games, supplies, and anything else a child could want and need, really. His parents though, working constantly due to being business owners and a physiologist, weren't around often; and that resulted in neglect. With each year, he'd see his mother and father less and less.

So, at the age of four, his parents hired a maid with the name Charlotte Webster. She would cook him dinner, play with him, bring him to school and home, come to every play, and everything else a parent would do. She was his motherly figure; his only parental figure.  And though, yes, he finally had a parental figure to look up to, he still felt neglected and ashamed; humiliated, confused, angry and hurt. He was but a kid, growing up "different" from everyone else. He had parents, but they were never there. He had a maid, his parental figure and one of his friends; which he had few of.

At the age of five, his family moved to Macon, Georgia.

Simon knew money didn't buy you happiness, he'd experience it himself. He had all the money one could wish for, and did that make him happy? No. He was a lonely kid without his parents; practically an orphan.
------------------------------------------------------

823 words.