Fusillade

Logan sat crosslegged on a thrown-together seat on the floor as Jamie stirred a small pot of a canned stew. She took the ladle and scooped out a bowl of the stew, and handed it to Logan.

"We need to get out of here soon, " Logan took the bowl and a spoon that was sat on the low coffee table she was sitting at.

"yeah, I know. but it's either this or the streets, " Jamie poured herself a bowl, and went to the small balcony to pour out the burnt bits and leftovers.

"Well, not exactly. more like it's the streets or Vito finding us, " logan said between sips, eyeing Jamie as she came back to the table and sat down.

"I'll figure it out, okay? "her brows furrowed, grabbing the bowl with her hands and taking a long sip.

Logan sighed, "We should probably leave tonight, if anything, I don't have a good feeling about this place, "Logan looked at the stained wall, and the small kitchenette in the corner.

"No one knows about this place but us, you're being paranoid, " Jamie's gaze softened, looking up at Logan, "It's fine, really. We can get some rest tonight and leave in the morning. "

Logan nodded, "You're right. I'm being paranoid, "she took the last spoonful of the stew, "the baths are on the ground floor, so I'll be down there if anything happens, " she stood up, dusting off her knees.

"Alright, see ya, " Jamie stood up, took Logan's bowl, and went back to the balcony, pouring out the scraps. she sat the bowls in the sink and splashed them with a bit of the drinking water to rinse them a bit before stacking them and putting them back into the cubboard.

She leaned onto the counter, taking out her phone, and flipped it open.

Another text from Vito, Jamie swallowed, deleted it, and closed her phone again. She kept thinking about Logan's words, if Vito's goons found her showering she'd be useless. Jamie clenched her forearm, Logan's words kept getting their way under her skin. She tried to keep herself busy though. Above the kitchenette was a little cabinet, she found a comforter and a rolled up pillow. She closed the cabinet, and it creaked. She laid the bedding down on the floor, and took the towel that Logan was using as a seat to make it a little more comfortable at least. She sat down on the sheet, and checked her phone again, desperately wishing that Logan texted her that she was fine, or coming back, or anything really. She shut it, and sat it on the coffee table. She picked up the newspaper Logan had been reading, it was the same as it always was. She heard a knock on the door, oh no. She went to her bag, took out the handgun in it, and slowly walked to the door.

"who is it?" she spoke low, pressing her ear to the door.

"it's logan, "she sounded a bit annoyed, but nonetheless Jamie let out a loud sigh of relief and opened the door.

"woah, woah, what the..why do you have the gun??" logan shut the door behind her, staring at the taurus in her hand.

"sorry, i kinda assumed you were Vito's guys. You could've started with the fact you were you. "she uncocked the gun, and put it back into the bag. she looked over at Logan, her brown hair was still dripping. "do you need a towel?" jamie picked up the one on the floor, and wrapped it around Logan's head.

"yea. thanks, " logan looked away, and took the towel in her hands to dry her hair off. "they dont have any down there, this place is like, super shitty, "she folded up the towel and placed it back onto the comforter.

"we are pretty lucky to have some place at least, " Jamie took out a pair of pj shorts, and changed into them so she wouldnt have to sleep in pants.

"you're right, but you really think they couldn't afford a couch, at least? " Logan took off her shirt, her black sports bra underneath, and laid down under the comforter.