wrong.

I kept my head down as I walked through the busy halls. Everyone was running to meet up with somebody or to make sure they weren't late to the buses. Music blasts through my ears, “is it still me that makes you sweat, am i who you think about in bed?” plays. god, i can never get enough of panic! At the disco. My thoughts are cut short when somebody steps on the back of my sneakers. I turn to look at the person but im met with the exact opposite of who i expected. A boy with long, teased, black hair that covers half of his face. He grips the straps of his backpack that barely covers his ‘the crow’ hoodie, “Shit, im s-sorry man,” he apologizes awkwardly before rushing in front of me. I brush it off and rush to my bus before it leaves me stranded at school. I tiredly flop onto the first seat, wiggling my backpack off. I think about the strangely attractive boy who i ran into. I had never seen him at this school, he must be new. I liked his style, his skinny leopard print jeans and his ‘the crow’ hoodie. I had never heard of anyone even knowing of the movie, much less being a fan of it. His style seemed to resemble mine in a way. I ignored my thoughts and turned my music up loud enough till it made my mind go blank. I get off at my stop and struggle the rest of the way home. why do they make us carry so much in these goddamn backpacks? im gonna end up having back problems at 25. I push open the unlocked door and rush to my bedroom, throwing my backpack off in the corner of my room, immediately throwing myself on top of my bed sheets with a loud sigh.

I lay there for a few minutes in silence, almost falling asleep before a ding from my phone wakes me up. I pull it out of my back pocket and turn it on, ‘ three messages from evelyn.’ i click on the notification and enter my pin code. 

Evelyn .  heyyy sorry i missed school       

Evelyn .  im sickk :((       

Evelyn .  r u home yetttt       

I type at my phone aggressively

Me .  have u seen a dude with like kinda long teased up like 2000s shit and dressed emo ?

Evelyn.  I think yah why?

Me.  do u know his name?

Evelyn.  Yaa i think his name is like johnny and his last name starts with a g idk

Evelyn.  U didnt answer my question thooo

Me.  i ran into him at dismissal today

Evelyn . oo hes ur type?? 

Me. idkkk mybeee >.<

I shut my phone off and plug it in to charge it. when i hear him throw his work boots to the side. Fuck.. i look at my watch draped across my wrist, it reads 3:45 pm. I hear a beer being cracked open in the kitchen and stomping leading over to the living room. Its okay, its okay as long as i stay in my room.. I grab my headphones and push them over my head before playing music through them, i click on the song “lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off” it brings me so much comfort and i dont know why,

I can hear the sound of empty beer bottles falling onto the hardwood floor over the music, next comes the arguin–

“You have a fucking problem !” i hear mom scream from the living room, dad mumbles a combination of slurred and mispronounced gibberish. I hear loud footsteps, they get closer, and closer, and finally, they are right outside me door. I shut my eyes as if ill disappear if i do, but of course, im still there. “Your mother says i have a drinking problem,” he says ‘drinking problem’ with air quotations, “do i?” my father stares deeply at me from above, i shakily remove my chunky headphones and lay them down next to me. My mother stands behind him with visible anger on her face. I look at her and then look back at him, they both glare expectantly at me. I see my mom mouth the word, “yes” to me, “y-yes.” i gulp. He wont hurt me, his own daughter, right?

                                                                                                                wrong.

i close my eyes. A  sharp pain covers my forehead and the top of my head. I half open them and see my mother staring in horror at me, my father wears the same blank face. He pushes my mother out and slams my door, leaving me alone and bloody.