Birth

"There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don't ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it." – Sheryl Feldman

Christina's body was riddled with pain as she was birthing her firstborn child. The adrenaline had already left her body hours ago, and Christina was filled with exhaustion. However, she kept going.

"Push!!" Rawza ordered.

Lilith stood by the bed and held the queen's hand while Mare ran back and forth with warm water and clean linens. Christina pushed and squeezed Lilith's hand so tight it turned white.

The redhead yelped in pain, but she took it knowing her queen needed her.

"Sorry...I...didn't...mean...to..." Christina said between breaths.

Lilith shushed her, "It's ok, just push."

Christina pushed again.

Caspian paced back and forth outside their chamber. He could hear Christina's agonizing screams as she continued to go through labor.

The sun was about to come up over the horizon, Benjamin sat on the chair and watched his friend pace.

"She's going to be ok," Benjamin said.

Caspian knew she would be, he wished he could be there. He wanted to hold her hand and comfort his queen, but he was urged to let the woman do their thing.

"I know, I just want to be there."

Back in the room, Christina was just about to give up. This baby didn't want to come out.

"Ok! I can see the head. One more big push and you're done." Rawza told Christina, "Mare! Grab a cloth."

Mare rushed over to the basket and grabbed one, she handed it to Rawza.

Christina braced herself before giving one last push as hard as she could.

Caspian was growing impatient by the second. However, Christina's screaming stopped and he heard a cry. A cry of an infant.

Immediately the doors opened and Rawza came out, "Do you want to see your son?"

"Son?!" Caspian exclaimed, "It's a boy!"

"Yes, wanna see him?" She asked again while drying her hands.

Caspian nodded and slowly entered the room where Christina lay holding their newborn child.

"It's a boy." Said Caspian as he gently sat down on the bed, "you did amazing love."

Christina smiled as she held her baby boy. When Caspian saw him, he couldn't help but cry. He was so handsome.

"Caspian Jr." Christina told him, "that's what I want to...."

Pain shot through the queen again, and Christina screeched. Everyone jumped (including Caspian)  and ran over to her.

Christina handed Caspian his son, she knew this pain. It felt like labor again.

Rawza felt her bump, "twins! It's happening again."