Chapter 1: The Capture

"Dabi!!" As soon as he heard his boss yell his name, he ran to what was supposed to represent the living room from the base, where Shigaraki stood by the doorway. "I-is there something wrong, boss?" He asked nervously, though he already knew why he was called here. Dabi was met with a slap to his cheek accompanied with angry screaming. "not only did you almost get caught but you also failed to complete your mission!!"

Dabi looked down only for Shigaraki to kick him in his stomach. Dabi doubled over in pain but didn't dare to make a sound, not wanting to anger his boss any more. "If you fail your next mission... I can guarantee you won't make it out alive, no matter what, do. you. understand!?" Shigaraki yelled while beating him a bit more. "I understand, sir." Dabi answered weakly. "You better, now be gone" Dabi pulled himself up as fast as he could and quickly went to his room. He sat down on the old mattress that was placed on the ground, sighing as his body protested.

The next day he got called for his new mission. Dabi's eyes widened as he heard what he had to do for his mission, "Your mission is to fight Endeavor, I don't wanna hear any protests". Dabi froze, why did he need to fight Endeavor? Was it for a distraction? Everyone with common sense knew he didn't have a chance against the flame hero. Apparently his shock and confusion were clear in his expression 'cause he got a punch to his face. "He should be at ****** from eleven till five, figure something out." Shigaraki said before leaving the room. Dabi couldn't help but stare at the door in disbelief.

He and his father hadn't had the best relationship but it was far from the worst for sure. Besides, from what he has seen his dad has changed quite a bit since Touya was announced dead. His father wasn't obsessed with beating All Might anymore. Now that he has realized his faults, he really tries his best. Dabi really wants to go home.

Enji was just preparing to go home. Walking out of the building he was hit by a blue flame, it was a small flame and didn't do any damage. Enji was confused, they could've gotten a pretty good hit as he wasn't expecting it at all. He shrugged his confusion off before looking around to find the person, he assumed it was Dabi. Enji looked for any indication of Dabi.

The flame hero walked around the corner of the building, into an alleyway. His eyes widened slightly as he saw the man he was looking for. Dabi looked in pure distress, his hands tangled in his hair, tugging on it harshly. The younger man was hyperventilating, a red liquid streaming down his face (Enji assumed Dabi was crying but the liquid seemed more like blood which would be logical since- no Enji, focus). Enji frowned, what was he supposed to do in this situation? It could be a trap, and the guy was still a villain after all.

He carefully stepped closed and crouched down before he raised his arms to take Dabi's hand so he could handcuff him. But the flinch and the fear in the boy's eyes made him pause for a bit, it felt all too familiar. Enji tried to be gentle as he pulled dabi's hands infront of him before cuffing them with quirk erasing handcuffs, every hero had a pair of handcuffs just in case. Dabi was still shaking, crying quietly, he didn't seem to fully process what was happening. "Dabi?" Dabi didn't verbally respond but instead he leaned into the hero, clutching his jacket tightly . Enji froze for a second but since the younger male was in no shape to either hurt or even try to attack him, he gently put a hand on Dabi's back, who slowly stopped crying.

"What happened?" Enji asked softly, he knew he should probably just drop the villain off at the police station but the fear in Dabi's eyes reminded him of...

"T-the league...I'm scared I don't wanna go back..." Dabi seemed very panicked, gripping Enji's jacket tighter. "The league? Did they do something?" Dabi stayed quiet for a bit before deciding to tell the older male everything, it was all or nothing now anyway.

He told him everything, how he was forced into the LOV after AFO saved him from dying by his own quirk, his 3 year coma, how he got beaten every time he did something they didn't like, all without mentioning his real name. After he was done talking he looked up at the flame hero. "That's.. horrible.." Enji muttered. They stayed quiet for quite a while.

"Well.. I still have to take you to the police station but I'll see what I can do to help you." Dabi's eyes widened slightly at his words "Really?" Enji nodded "you can't do anything about what happened." Enji then stood up and helped Dabi up. Dabi's body ached as he tried to take a step only for him to stumble over his feet, his father's hands caught him before he could fall. "Careful there." Enji helped him steady up. "Can you walk?" "I should be able to" He answered softly before taking another step which went better than the first one but he still felt weak.

They walked silently to the station, Enji still supporting Dabi so he was sure he wouldn't fall.

A short walk later they arrived at the police station. Enji walked in, a hand on Dabi's shoulder. "Hello, can I talk to Tsukauchi?" He told the lady at the desk. "O-oh hey Mr. Endeavor I'll see what I can do." the lady replied nervously. "He's available, you can go to his office down that hallway, sir." She said after a while, Enji just gave a small nod before heading to the detective.

"Come in?" Tsukauchi said as he heard a knock on his door. Enji opened the door and let Dabi in first before walking in himself. He sat down with a sigh "we'd like your help" "What do you need? And why haven't you turned him in yet?" the detective said with a gesture to the younger man. "He said some concerning things, though I do believe him and I'd like you to get a statement from him" Tsukkauchi sighed and stood up. "Fine, let's go to the interrogation room".

The three men sat down as Tsukauchi pressed the button of the audio recorder and stated a couple of things before looking at Dabi. "What's your name?" "Dabi." "Real name?". Dabi visibly froze, his eyes flicking over to Enji before he settled on looking down, nervously fiddling with his hands. "I-it's uhm... T-Touya... Touya Todoroki...".