Chapter one | always me

Had to be me didn't it, 4 shows left and it had to be me. Your probably wondering what I'm going on about, I've broke my ankle, yes me, snap, ankles gone, and now here I sit in a private room in London hospital waiting for a doctor, nurse anyone to come treat and discharge me. Now this is the reason I don't dance.

3 hours earlier....
I run to backstage for the final costume change, quick water break and we're back out, pray breaks through the arena, I look towards Howard who's smiling and we begin the choreography for the chorus of pray, and then my foot slips and I topple into Howard, "shit Gaz! Are you okay?" The music around the arena has stopped and I'm lay on my back on the stage, "shit! Shit!" Mark shouts running backstage, I instantly grab for the bottom of my leg, but before I can ask what the commotion is about I've blacked out.

Present...
And now here I am still waiting for a doctor, nurse anyone, I close my eyes and lean my head back against the bed to try and block out mark pacing at the side of me, "mark if you keep that up I'm going to be sick!" Suddenly he stops and turns to me and apologizes "it's just my friend broke her ankle and lost...lost her foot" my head snaps up and marks eyes wide "can we please not think about that, I'm not going to lose my foot, just a stupid fall" he just nods and sits down beside me, I'm getting frustrated now, I just need it wrapping up, so I can get out off here. I'm about to ask mark to go get someone before the door swings open and a short blond haired women walks in, I look towards her and she gives me a small smile, "sorry to keep you waiting Mr Barlow, it says here you've been looked over by a nurse" I just nod, there's something about this woman, that makes me not angry anymore, can't quite put my finger on it, putting examination gloves on she walks towards the bed, slowly prodding my foot I wince at the pain, taking a deep breath she removes the gloves and begins writing something in the chart, "right I'm going to take you up for a quick xray, but I won't lie to you, and the fall on that ankle is quite worrying, I'm not trying to scare you but what I will say is your most likely going to need surgery to prevent any blood clotting" I look at her then at mark then back at her "hold up" I say shifting my side so I'm sat against the back of the bed,"I can't have surgery, you need to wrap this up I've got another 4 days of tour left !" She laughs to herself and gives me that small smile again whilst leaning her hands on the table that rests at the bottom of the bed "I said surgery is a big possibility, we won't know for definite untill your xray, but them remaining days of tour won't be happening, you need to rest you can't be on that foot" I begin to protest but she stops me " a nurse will be with you shortly to take you to xray, I'll see you up there Mr Barlow" and with that she left the room, Mark looks at me and laughs "I like her".