Fly Me to the Moon River (The Groovy Space Race)

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars!

Saki's silver-moon eyes were starry as they reflected the rainbow of heavenly, celestial light she and her faithful Photon friends were so blessed to see as they soared through the galaxy in their ship of silver and cyan. They left Earth's orbit, flew past the ISS, past the moon itself, singing and dancing and spinning through the stars. Their ship ran on rocket fuel and song, after all.

Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars!

They passed Mars, a bold red-orange, and Jupiter, a powerhouse giant. How beautiful they looked up close and personal, in real life! So much better than any astronomy textbook or documentary film. Saki could even see some of the rains down on Jupiter. Of course, it was not like the rain on Earth, but the magnetic storms were exactly that to behold: magnetic!

In other words, hold my hand.

Oh! How romantic it all was! Who could not view the universe in all of its splendor and glory and fall a little more in love? Not just with the universe itself, but...

Full-moon eyes finally turned away from the stars ahead and to the crewmates that surrounded her. Towa and Noa were holding hands, smiling at one another as they pointed out their favorite stars and planets together. Ibuki watched them proudly, her gray-blue eyes darting between her crewmates and the control panels, making sure Saki did not feel like she alone bore the full burden of steering the ship.

In other words, darling, kiss me.

When Ibuki caught Saki staring, smiling at her, Ibuki returned the look and walked over to her. In an especially affectionate mood, she wrapped her arms around the younger, smaller girl from behind and kissed her moon-white hair.

Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forevermore!

Saki's heart swelled, and she subconsciously spurred the ship on a little faster. The words were out of her mouth before she could even think, further fueling the rocket. "You are all I long for, all I worship, and adore!" she cried, and Towa and Noa turned to her and Ibuki.

They began to smile and sing as well. "In other words, please be true!"

"In other words, I—!"

Nnnnyyyyeeeerrrrnnnn!

"Ahahahaha!" A much more compact, round spaceship suddenly went soaring past, flying so close to Saki and Photon's that the sides nearly scraped. While Photon's rocket was slim and sleek, futuristic, this one almost looked cobbled together, yet there must've been some source of stability for it to fly so well and so fast, especially given how far away from Earth Photon was. Likewise, while Photon's ship was white and cyan, the one that went flying by was predominantly green, with bits of purple, white, gray, and other colors swirled and sprinkled in.

"WE'RE GOING ON A TRIP! IN OUR FAVORITE AI SHIP! ZOOMING PAST THE WORLD! UNICHO-ORD!" Michiru was singing and dancing so heartily that she swung the ship's joystick controller this way and that. One of her passengers was content to dance along, flashing two peace signs. The other slipped back and forth, looking like she was about to be sea (star?) sick.

"That doesn't even fit rhythmically!" she criticized the DJ's off-key parody. She should stick to remixes! Not...! Whatever... THIS... is...

The last member of the Unichord quartet was the ship's GPS system itself.

"Hey! They stole our style!" Towa was indignant, hands clenching into fists as the green ship soared by.

Saki needed no further prompting, silver eyes narrowing as she urged Photon's ship forward. They quickly caught up with Unichord.