Prologue

Universe 129
Year 20XX
Thursday, 2:03 P.M

"Will you both hurry up?!" Yelled Dwight, running as fast as he can, the monster behind them is gaining distance, and it's not helping this growing fear inside him. Yet deep inside, excitement was bubbling up and he knows he'll get two pairs of shoes thrown at him if he even admits that he finds being chased by a creature that can chop your head off exciting.

Ave, currently carrying Smarty, glared at the back of Dwight's head. "We're trying! Smarty, hold onto that package real tight!" Smarty just nodded, her grip on package tightening as Ave said that.

Suddenly, ahead of them, they can see the gates slowly starting to come down. "No! Don't close the gates!" Ave ran even faster. "Why are they closing it?! It's not even close to 5 pm!" She yelled.

"They're trying to stop us from escaping moron!" Dwight replied, nearly tripping over a rock. The trio ran as fast as they could. Just as they nearly reached it, the gate shut close.

"Fuck!" Dwight immediately turned around and saw as the creature was coming closer, he grabbed the two girls and shoved them behind him, shielding the two. The creature went closer and closer and-

A bright light shone in front of them. It was nearly blinding. The trio closed their eyes, and when they opened it back up, the creature was lying down, screeching in agony and covering it's eyes, and another creature stood in front of them. "Finally! What took you so long!?" Cried out Smarty. The creature, being Alan, turned around and looked at the trio. A serious expression on his face. Dwight rolled his eyes, mumbling, "Here we go again."

"Didn't I tell you three to stick by me? I turned away for one second, and the next thing I know, you three are heading off into the castle. BY. YOUR. SELVES." Alan hissed at them. "Don't you realize that I might not be here the next time you pull off a stunt like this?!"

Dwight sighed, raising his arms in mock defeat. "Oh, come on, Alan, don't be so harsh on us. We just wanted to get the job done before 4 pm. We don't want Cerri to get upset at us again because we weren't able to join her tea party." Alan just stared at him, an unimpressed look on his face. "Uhuh. Since when did you care about 'Cerri's stupid tea party', again?"

"Hey, it's your words, not mine." Dwight sneered at him. Ave just looked at the two, putting down Smarty and intervened by saying, "Okay, okay, can you two please stop bickering and please get us out of here? It's 3 pm already, I didn't realize how fast time actually goes by in this world." Alan sighs before nodding. "Alright, fine. Let's go." Dwight smirked before clapping his hands, whispering "The lounge" before a portal opened up in front of them. The 4 of them entered the portal and found themselves inside a void-like area. Smarty looked around before her eyes eventually landed on a table surrounded by a few people.

"There they are!" She exclaimed happily before rushing over to them and waving, Smarty ran right after her. Dwight rolled his eyes before begrudgingly walking over to the table with Alan right behind him. A woman with purple hair and a mad hatter look smiled at them. "Ahh! There you are! You guys finally aren't late!" She clapped her hands happily.

"Cerri! These desserts look delicious!!!" Smarty was nearly drooling at the food, her tail wagging behind her. "Now, now Smarty, don't drool on the food." Dwight said with an overly parenting tone. Smarty turned red and glared at Dwight before huffing and taking a seat.

Once everybody was seated. They all started eating and catching up with each other. There was Yvi who just got back from UC after having to deal with those who was affected by the reset. Kaedi, Cerri's girlfriend, was pouring herself a drink, nodding and smiling as she listened to Smarty babble on about how terrifying the creature was. Nix was chatting with Ave about how she nearly froze the entire village of Foco because she was surprised by a rat passing by. Dwight sighed, finally allowing himself to relax. He looked around, his eyes landing on Alan.

Alan was an okay guy. He was boring but he looked good. Dwight nearly laughed at how silly he looked sitting down with those long, harpy feet of his. He knew it was stupid to dislike the guy, but he just always ruined the fun. He kept going on about keeping safe and stuff. Dwight snapped out of his thoughts and saw Alan staring back at him with an eyebrow raised.

Dwight rolled his eyes and looked away. He sipped on his tea, turning his attention towards Yvi. "So, how is it with you and Exuria?" Yvi sighed sadly. "It's okay... but I haven't been able to see her lately. I've been so busy lately, and from what it seems, so has she." She said, her voice filled with dismay. "I'm just worried that I'm ruining this, you know?" Dwight looked at Yvi with empathy before reaching out to pat her on the back. "Hey, from what I've seen back there? I know that Exuria loves you a lot. You two are honestly disgustingly gross." Yvi laughed slightly. "Yeah... I know.."

He was about to say something else when he heard a ding. He looked down on his watch and saw another order from the creator. This time, he has to go to Universe 602. Seems to be a lone mission. Just have to deliver a package to Lady Death, no big deal. The woman was the nicest person he's met anyway.

Yvi looked at him. "You're going on a lone mission?" Dwight nodded, "it's no big deal. Just have to send a package to your adopted mom -" "she's not my mom." He looked at her unconvinced. They both had a staring contest before eventually just laughing it off. He looked down and saw that the mission's deadline was tomorrow at 6 pm.

For now, though, he'll just relax. He can always worry about it later.