Prologue

"Sorry!"

She pressed her hands together apologetically; I didn't really know why. I was scared she brought me out to talk about more akudol stuff. Unless she's apologizing for making me be an akudol in the first place? I mean at first it was pretty embarrassing but then it actually kinda became fun. At the time she had such a devilish look in her eye when she made us participate, no way she'd apologize for that. I wonder what it could be, I don't feel very good about whatever it is.

"Uhhh,,, 'sorry', for what?" I spoke hesitantly.

"I need you to go on a date for me!"

"A date!? What are you talking about!?"

"Well you see, My akudol agency put out a lottery for a free date with Kuromu, but there's a screw up in the schedule and I'm actually busy that day with a commercial and then after that I won't be free for awhile," she talked very fast, "and if we don't get another idol for the date then the winner might complain and we'll get all kinds of bad press."

I sighed and looked at Kerori, or rather Kuromu, "But why me? Why not just ask Irumi? Or someone else from your agency, I just want to laze around!"

"Iruma is away for two weeks, and no one else at the agency was free or popular enough to replace me. Please! Please go on the date!" She pleaded.

I felt kinda awkward, so I glanced away. I can't do this! No way, no way, no way! I mean sure a date sounds great, but it'd probably be with a guy, wouldn't it!? I mean Kuromu's fanbase is really poplar amongst guys, I mean I would know! But, I'd feel bad for leaving Kuromu hanging like this, I mean we're friends, right? I just needed to be honest.

"You know, Kerori, I don't know if I can. I mean the date's with a dude right? It'd be hella awkward for me if it was a guy and I just don't think I'm the right person for it,,, and what would I get out if it?" I remarked.

Kuromu responded swiftly, "Money."

I twitched and looked at Kuromu, "How much?"

She didn't say the number out loud but just showed me with her hands. I wanted to say yes. I'm ashamed of myself for being so weak. What should I do? I was on the tipping point, then she suddenly smirked.

"And", she started, "If the date goes well, or rather if the date gives 100% positive feedback, I'll get you any game you want." She thought she had won already, her grin was sparkling with confidence, as expected of a top tier akudol, but she wouldn't beat me.

"It's an interesting offer, but I'll have to refuse. I mean I've pretty much played every video game. Better find someone else." I shrugged my shoulders with a slight grin, I thought I had won.

"Hmm", Kuromu thought for a second, closing her eyes. I was little scared of what she would do, I mean Kerori can be pretty scary sometimes, especially like how she was in the harvest festival.

She opened her eyes again, which had a devilish spark to them, "Then, on top of paying you, and should you get 100% positive feedback, I'll give you exclusive Kuromu merch."

Her words struck me like lighting, "Alright. I'll do it. I'll go on your date, Kuromu."

She smiled like a dignified queen who could not be disobeyed, "Good. That's what I like to hear," she turned around ready to leave, "Oh. I'll have you know my fans aren't easy to please."

I felt a cold sweat beginning, but my heart was racing with excitement, "The more of a challenge the better of a gamble."

As Kerori walked away she added one more thing, "Oh, and if you fail, you owe me one." She gave a wink and confidently walked away, shattering my confidence with just a single sentence.

What have I agreed too!?

Now I'm here, and across from me is none other than my fellow classmate and misfit, Andro M. Jazz.

I want to run away.