Chapter 1

My eyes are swollen from non-stop crying. My mom is already gone, how am I supposed to live when my mother is dead?

I'm all alone now.

And I never met my real father because my mother said my father had just abandoned us. And then my mother just met this guy a few months ago, and she said he was her boyfriend.

But I haven't seen my mother's boyfriend, but that's not the matter here, what about me now that my mother is gone? I'm just 18 years old.

We are not poor, but we are not rich either. I don't know how I can live now.

My eyes remained closed as the door to my room opened, fear engulfed me but I couldn't open my eyes.

I heard someone's footsteps approaching and because of the nervousness I felt, I couldn't open my eyes and I twitched when I felt him sitting on the edge of my bed.

I opened my eyes and it landed on the man sitting next to me staring at me, his two sharp fangs caught my attention but I couldn't take my eyes off his golden eyes.

No, no! What the hell is happening? Am I dreaming?

I shook my head and backed away but his action was quick because in the blink of an eye there was only a gap between our two faces. And what happened next was what I didn't expect, the beast lips touch mine.

I want to pull away, his fangs are touching my lips but not enough to hurt me. I should push him but I can't, I can't control my body, I can't move. His face went down to my neck, I felt his sharp fangs stick to my neck and suck it up little by little.

"Ahhh!" I screamed and closed my eyes tightly because of the pain it brought and at the same time I woke up from a dream.

What the hell? It's just a dream but it seems real.

I quickly got up and held my lips down to my neck, there was no scratch.

'It's just a dream, Cosette!' said my mind.

I'm still shaking because of the nervousness, I know it's just a dream but a part of me says it's real. Damn it!

I was startled when I heard a knock on the door outside my room. I wiped away the tears I didn't realize fell when the door opened.

"Ma'am Cosette, you have a visitor and he is waiting in the living room." Said Greta, our maid.

"Alright, I'll be next." I said sparingly and our maid left.

Is he a vampire or a werewolf? No, no, it's just a dream and I shouldn't think about it anymore.