"Dancing Queen"

After having her 17th birthday in Tartarus, the 7 decided to give Annabeth a redemption party. "We'll just pretend that your birthday wasn't spent there, and it was spent here, with us!" Piper exclaimed, she loved planning parties. She absolutely LOVED planning parties. And with that, Annabeth knew that there was no use fighting the cause anymore; she already knew her friend would end up doing the party no matter what. "Well, Piper, I suppose we should get planning then," Percy said as he stood in the door frame of her room, grinning like a kid in a candy shop.

Percy and Piper decided that they wanted the party to be a surprise, they would only give her the luxury of knowing that the party was going to happen; not when. The two thought it would be best, considering the daughter of Athena did not especially like surprises. "Alright," the brunette began, "What are some themes we might have in mind?" she finished questioning. 

"I'm not really sure, actually." Percy admitted shamefully, he felt like this was something he should know in a heartbeat.. but he didn't.

"Owls?" Piper said, hoping that would be a good theme, but she's only really known Annabeth for a year, so she wasn't sure.

"Ehh, that's not something she'd find surprising; she's had little owl themed things at CHB for her birthday." That, the Seaweed Brain did indeed know.

"Wellllll," Piper said, rolling her 'l', "What's her favorite movie? We could always do that as a theme.. right?".

"'Mamma Mia!' of course, we could do that, she's 17 after all!" Percy almost yelled.

"Really? That's her favorite movie? I never would've expected that from the 'pride of Athena'."

"Yeah, well she's only seen a few movies, having basically grown up at camp, but out of those, she loved 'Mamma Mia!' after I showed her the movie." Percy smiled after remembering one of his favorite memories.

*FLASHBACK TIME*

It was the fall he and Annabeth started 8th grade, and after emailing each other loads, the duo had finally convinced their parents to meet up. They agreed, Annabeth would come up to New York for the weekend; and Annabeth wasn't the only one who was overjoyed. That Friday night, Percy rushed through his homework and began setting up. The previous night, he told his best friend that he'd show her a movie he thought that she would love, and he wasn't wrong. Friday evening, when she arrived. Percy took her overnight bag like a gentlemen and brought it to his clean, neat room (He agreed to sleep on the couch so Annabeth could have his bed), and he brought out the snacks. The son of Poseidon had gathered a bunch of their favorites, and Percy knew it was worth it when he saw her smile as he set them out in front of her.

"Percy, you really didn't have to do any of this.. thank you!" She said sincerely.

"It's really nothing, Annabeth, it's fine," Percy tried to shrug off and hide the fact that he cared so much, but all that disappeared when she tightly hugged him.

Soon after, Percy put on the movie while trying to avoid looking at his best friend to hide his blush; besides, he felt like he'd end up blushing even more if he did look at her, even he couldn't deny how beautiful she was starting to get. All throughout the movie, while Annabeth's attention was on the movie, his was on her. He felt the blush on his face get darker whenever she smiled.

*BACK TO PRESENT*

While Annabeth was running errands for the members of the Argo II, Piper and Percy had some errands of their own to be run. They gathered cake making ingredients, and a few decorations that matched the Greek color scheme. Piper took everything and hid it in a loose floor board; it wasn't time for the party yet, and knowing Annabeth, she'd find it if it was anywhere else. Only she, and now Percy, knew about that spot.