Chapter 1 , New girl

*Y/n tells the story ,speaking:*
It's the 1960s, and a new girl moves into a new town, A kid names Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez became a neighbourhood legend. It was the greatest summer of my life when he taught my brother , smalls how to play baseball and became my best friend.

I moved to the neighbourhood two weeks before school let out. As me and smalls unpack our bags, smalls see a boy with a bat and baseball gloves and he waves at him with a big smile on his face , he has this tanned olive skin with black fluffy hair and hazel eyes. He nods back in a friendly way at smalls in a awkward way, I was from another state and me and smalls didn't have a single friend in a thousand miles, it was a lousy way to finish 6th grade but we both had zip times to make friends before summer and thats about where it all started.

Our real dad died when we i was just about a little kid, we both tried to make our ways to become friends with our step-dad. My mom had married bill about a year before we moved to the valley. At the time, we were still getting used to each other.

~~~~
Small asks gently 'uhh b-bill?' He stutters

Bill responds 'oh hey smalls!'

Smalls looks scared to ask ' c-could you maybe sometime..i dont know teach me how to play b-baseball?'

Bill says 'yeah..just not at the Moment im busy.'

Smalls looks happy and he says 'ok!' In a happy tone.

As smalls at home, im just about to leave school right before summer break, as i walk beside the bikes a guy bumps into me (benny) and drops my hat, and my books. I put my hat back on and my long (hair colour) hair sways through the wind he looks at me speechless, he doesn't say a word and i say

'You're supposed to say, im sorry.' I say looking straight at him as he opens his mouth shocked and stares into my eyes.

He still doesn't answer i say:

'Earth to boy!?' I start waving my hands on his face so he realises im talking to him.

He realises that he's just staring ,He picks up my books really fast and i say 'wow you're really fast, thanks' i smile.

I look back at him and i say 'your supposed to say your welcome..?'

He still doesn't say a word i hear a honk from my car i look over and see its my mom picking me up , she waves at me and i bump the boys shoulder and say 'bye' while smiling , he turns around and still looks at me getting in my car , he picks up his books and gets embarrassed.

~~~~~~
*Benny pov*

As i pick up my bike a girl bumps into me, I accidentally drop all her books and she picks up her hat, i look into her not knowing what to say, being speechless. The summer between 6th grade and 7th grade is the best times and the worst of times, cartoons army men and making prank calls aren't important anymore, because your focused on zits, Bo and how your breath smells.
And thats when it comes the one great moment of your life containing all your potential futures
And you have to choices, start down the path of greatness or hate yourself forever.

She looks at me saying 'youre supposed to say im sorry.?'

I give a confused look and just stare at her.being focused on her beauty.

She says, 'earth to boy!' And i snap and pick up her books fast.

She says smiling, 'you're really fast, thanks.' As i pick her other books for her.

She also says giving me a gazing look still smiling, 'you're supposed to say you're welcome.?'

A car honks and it's her mom, she bumps my shoulder and says 'bye.' And smiles walking to her car. I still look at her. 2
Other girls laugh at me and i get mad at myself and pick my books up. My 4 other friends , squints, ham, yeah yeah and Kenny say,

'Hey benny , let's go play some ball' they go on the bikes. As they see me looking at the girl who bumped into me.

Kenny says smirking 'her names y/f/n y/l/n, she moved here a month ago shes 12 going on 13. She got a late in the year birthday.'
I say to Kenny,

'How the hell do you know that Kenny?'

Squints goes 'i heard shes liberated.'

Ham interrupts ' squints , shes a girl who cares??'

Squints says back '  im
Just saying!'

I say to all of them, 'your all wasting time, we still have a huge problem incase all you bozos forgot if we dont figure something out the first whole summer on the sandlot is gonna be over before it starts!'

They all listen and ride on their bikes and go to the sandlot.

~~~~~
*y/n speaking*
I come back from school and i catch smalls going over to a 8 boys and 1 is the guy i saw yesterday i wall over and watch them play, the ball goes over to smalls and he gets hit and falls on his but. Yesterday our stepdad bill tried teaching smalls but turns out he hit his eyes and he now has a black eye. Smalls tries again with that boy helping smalls and when he throws it he finally catches , as im sitting on the dugout the guy goes over to me and says to me, 'you play?' I respond , 'not much.' He introduces himself to me 'im Benjamin franklin Rodriguez just call me benny , thats kenny , ham , yeah-yeah, and squints' he points to them

He says 'and you aree..?'

'Y/n .. Y/l/n.' I respond 'i guess you're really good at baseball huh?'

'Yep! The neighbourhood legend . That your brother?' He points at smalls.

'Yeah.. hes not so great just be gentle with him okay?' I say

He says back 'dont worry'