Chapter 1

I hear my alarm ringing, and turn over groaning, rubbing my eyes of sleep. I push the alarm clock off my bedside table getting it to stop ringing, I continue laying in bed for a minute before finally getting up heading to my motel room's small kitchen and opening the fridge. I grabbed some orange juice pouring it into a glass, I walked over to the window opening my curtain slightly looking out to see a warm Miami summer morning. I smile looking at the sunrise. I was always an early riser just to watch them. I think back remembering bugging my dad to get up and go sit on the porch with me so I could watch it. He always would even though he hated getting up earlier than he had to. Before I start tearing up I snap out of the memory, physically shaking my head free of it. I go over to the small dining table in the kitchen sitting down and setting my juice next to me. I opened my laptop and the first thing I saw was the reason I'm here in the first place.

"The vampire killer strikes again" I mutter out the headline of the article to myself. I click on it and see a video attached to it. I opened it.

"If I didn't know any better Fred i'd say this killer is an actual vampire" the woman speaks smiling, if only she knew.

"Well Margret at this point is it really out of the question" Fred says as they look at each other seriously for a minute before bursting out laughing which makes me roll my eyes.

"Just kidding folks no need to panic...about that at least but there is still a very real killer on the loose and I advise you to not go anywhere alone and stay home if you can" Margret says looking into the camera.

"I agree, now on to what we really think about this killer, Margret?" Fred asks looking towards her.

"Well according to the police statement they have a suspect, but who knows if they're just trying to calm the hysteria amongst everyone or actually have a person. What do you think Fred?" she directs the question back to him

"I think whoever this person is needs to get a serious therapist" Fred jokes and they both laugh.

"Well onto the next subject-" I close the screen to my laptop thinking how useless that was. I mean I already know who it is. I just have to make sure the police don't get there first. I get up from the chair heading over to my closet pulling out my black pantsuit for when I occasionally play FBI, taking off my pjs and throwing it on I go over to my duffel bag grabbing a hair tie. I head over to the bathroom mirror putting my long brown hair into a high ponytail. I fuss with it for a minute before deciding it's good enough going to grab my fake FBI badge and my gun putting it behind my back, throwing my shoes on, and heading out the door to my 1967 chevy impala, my dad loved classic old cars this one in particular he taught me to drive in. So when he passed I took it as a reminder of good times, I opened the car door getting in heading to an old abandoned apartment on 6th street. Apparently that's where this vamp lives according to his now dead friend but when I pull up, I see cops cars on the street. I pull out my badge getting it ready, getting out of the car I head over. A cop stops me when I get to the yellow tape surrounding the streets.

"Sorry ma'am this is a crime scene, no civilians allowed" he says putting his hand up, but when I pull out my badge out showing it to him he lets me through muttering out a "sorry". I go over to the scene when I see my supposed to be hunt lying dead on the ground, his head separated from his body. I kneel down getting closer to the body looking at the severed head, well whoever killed him knew he was a vamp and knew how to kill them. I should call up my hunter contacts see if any of them got a whiff of the story, and came here to hunt like me unless vamps are just killing other vamps for fun but that just doesn't make sense I get up from kneeling, looking ahead sighing hoping another hunter just killed him and this isn't bigger than I think it is.

"Who are you?" I hear a man say from behind me. When I look around I see a handsome black haired brown eyed tall man in a suit standing over me. I stare at him for a minute admiring his sharp jawline and pink lips before snapping out of it.