Intro? idk

I woke up with a start, sitting straight up in my makeshift bed located at the top of the bell tower.
Over the years, the old church slowly became a home for me, rather than a sort of Hideaway or temporary residence.

It was kinda nice, being able to become attached to something and decorate how you wanted, although I did often have to fend away beggers and druggies who try to crash here from time to time, but honestly, it's worth it.

Right now I can hear someone clattering around in the sanctuary downstairs. I carefully grab my knife and start causiosly tip-toeing down the spiral staircase that I use to get up to my bedroom. (The bell tower) Once I'm at the bottom of the stairs I slowly push the door open just enough to peer out into the big open room.

I don't see anyone but my heartbeat still quickens at the thought of a fight. Usually once people see my knife then get scared and scramble away, but every now and then there's a sorry sod who tries to take MY church, and I have to fight him out.

I wasn't sure what I would prefer right now. It's been a while since I last had a good, challenging competitor, but it was early and I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. I'm not sure I'm really in the mood for an actual battle.

I sigh and push the door open a bit more as a creep to the door of the "kitchen" which I'm pretty sure used to be some sort of prayer room back when this was a fully functional church.

As soon as I get to the doorway of my kitchen, sure enough, I see him going through my bookshelf of snacks and loudly opening a bag of chips, crunching them obnoxiously.

"Charlie what the fuck are you doing here?!" I yell. I walk over to him ignoring the startled scream he let out when hearing me and I snatch the now empty bag of fritos from his hands.

"Hey!" he tries to snatch back the one remaining chip in my hand but I quickly put it in my mouth.

"What do you mean hey?! That was my last bag! You know those are my favorite!" I grumble at him, upset that he stole my favorite snacks. It might not seem like such a big deal but just having food is rare. But when you have something you don't have to eat just to survive, something to eat because you enjoy it, it really sucks when someone takes that away from you. And right now that someone was Charlie.

He crumpled up the empty chip bag and chuckled, "oh come on Three, it's not big a deal." A wild grin spread across his face, telling me he had a bad and or stupid idea.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it." I said to him, turning away to go back to my room so I could get some actual clothes on for the day rather than my big ratty t shirt I had on that fell just above my knees, and my soft but kinda loose shorts that you couldn't even see under the shirt.

He followed behind me, knowing where I'm headed because he's followed me up there after a number of similar interactions like this. Despite my best efforts, Charlie had sort of become my best friend, whether I liked it or not. He was nice and he was funny and there weren't really any other options, so now I'm kinda stuck with him. Not that that's a bad thing.

I was already at the top of the stairs when he yelled from somewhere in the middle, "hey wait! How do you know what I'm thinking!? It could be the best idea you've ever heard and you just brushed it off like it was nothing!"

"Charlie I doubt it was the best idea I've ever heard." I say while changing into the pair of black pants and crop top I use when I train or go for a run.

Charlie finally reaches the top of the stairs panting and out of breath. He grasps the railing dramaticly and looks up at me. I laugh when he says, "Dang it I wasn't fast enough! How are you able to change your clothes so quickly? Ya know it's really not fair."