✰ Chapter one-"the beginning of the fall."

"I bet your mother would be proud of you.." -Wise man, Frank Ocean.

❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰

"Hey, Clem?...", "Clementine?!...", "Clem!!."

AJ says to the taller female breaking her out of her thoughts, "Yeah AJ?" She says as she looks at the shorter male, "Lee asked if you want cereal or eggs." He says as he eats his cereal, "Oh..sorry Lee I got lost in my thoughts for a second. And eggs are fine" Clem says as she rubs her neck, she then sits down at the table taking a drink of the orange juice, "no worries sweet pea, what were you thinking about?" Lee says as he makes breakfast for his kids and wife, "Nothing, I'm just not ready to go back to school, I hate that school." Clem says as she shrugs, "Well I know it's your first day back, after your three-day suspension, just keep your head low, and focus on your work sweet pea"

"Heh, I'm too old for that name Lee" Clem chuckles as Lee places the plate in front of her, it looks delicious, "you're never too old for that name Clem, you'll forever be my sweet pea, just like AJ will forever be my goofball!" Lee says as AJ looks up from the bowl of cereal, "actually it's Alvin Junior Lee" he says as he drinks the milk in the bowl, "Oh look who's cooking!" Carly says as she walks into the dining room, fixing her hair up a bit, "Sure I can trust you with cooking? last time you cooked the house almost burnt down " She laughs at it, "Oh please, you can't even put batteries in a radio right !" Lee chuckles as he kisses Carley's cheek, "Oh! Before I forget, Clem I'll be picking you and AJ up after school, after I'm done at the station I'll come around three, then I got to go back to finish some paperwork, so you'll guys stay at Kenny's house" she says as she ruffles AJ's hair, he smiles as he grabs his bookbag, "alright, see you then have a great day at work Carley " Clem says as she puts her plate in the sink, Carley then smiles at the teen and then grabs the plate of food, walking towards the door, "oh Lee! , I forgot AJ teachers and principal wanted to talk to us, same goes for Clem, something about an important meeting, don't forget it's tomorrow at 4:00" Carley says as she walks out of the front door, "okay kiddos, let's get going, AJ make sure you have your books!" Lee says as he puts the pans in the dishwasher.

❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰ ❤︎ ✰

"Okay class settle down!.." the teacher yells at the teens trying to get them to settle down, Clem then checks her phone. "Ugh, I'm only in the third period. I can't wait for this shit to be over" Clem thinks to herself as she puts an earbud in listening to her favorite song, "now today we will be learning about, American history!.." the teacher says as she rambles on, Clem lays her head on the desk feeling sleep take over her eyes, it felt like she sleeps for 30 seconds, and with that the bell rung, "okay class don't forget there will be a test on Friday! Don't forget to bring pencils.!" As Clem grabs her book bag shoving the American history books in it, she gets up and about to Walk out, "miss, Everett, you stay, I need to talk to you for a sec.." the teacher says as she stops Clem in tracks she rolls her eyes a bit, she then walks over to the teacher's desk, "yes Mrs. Scott?", "Listen to Clementine, I know today is your first day back from your three-day suspension, but if you want to get caught up in my class, you can't fall asleep in here, you're far behind and if it continues like this I will have no choice but to fail you." Clem sighs out before responding, "I'm not even that behind, it wasn't my fault I got suspended .." Mrs. Scott, then grabs a paper out of her desk drawer," the reason you got suspend was for fighting, yes?", "and don't lie I have your suspension paper right here." Clem shifts her weight on her legs "yeah.. something like that, but you weren't even there, she was talking shit about me and my little brother.", "look, miss. Everett I get it.. but fighting won't solve anything...do you know what some of your teacher notes say about you?" Clem shrug "don't know and don't care if I'm being honest" Mrs. Scott then sighs, and rolls her eyes a bit, "well let me read some of them for you..."