Part 1

You row your boat slowly into Lake Town, carefully watching the water for other boats floating on the river. "Y/N! You're back!" Bain exclaims, following a pathway that runs parallel to your boat. You smile at him as he walks next to your boat. "Yes, yes, I am." You say. "How'd you like visiting your grandparents?" He asks. You laugh and shake your head. "I'd rather be back here." You say. "I'd rather have you back here too." Bain says softly. He turns away, his face blushing. You blush too and drop your eyes. "Can-can I see you later tonight once I'm done getting settled in?" You ask. Bain grins. "Of course." He replies. He looks up ahead. "Well, Y/N, I have to get back. My da will be wondering where I am." He says. You smile and nod. "Okay. See you tonight." You say. Bain smiles. "See you tonight." He replies. He runs up the walkway leading to his house and disappears. You smile and look back to the water. Out of nowhere, a drunken man on a boat slams into the side of your boat. You get thrown forward and you let out a piercing shriek. You flip out of your boat and plunge into the icy waters. The coldness immediately freezes your body and you struggle to make it to the surface. You close your eyes, shutting out the stinging water. As you slowly start to swim upwards, your head roughly connects with the bottom of a boat. You let out a cry in the water, your eyes wide open. Darkness soon encases you and you sink down to the bottom of the lake.~
Just as Bain is about to open his door, he hears you shriek. He pulls upright and looks around. "Y/N." He says worriedly, before running down the stairs. He goes back in the direction that he came till he comes up to where you last spoke. He sees your boat sitting by itself and sees a very drunk man rowing away. "Y/N!" Bain exclaims, looking around. The drunk man starts laughing hysterically. "You won't find her in the markets, boy." He says, his words slurred. "No." Bain breathes, his eyes on the water. Without a second thought, he dives into the water. His body tenses and he continues to swim down deeper, his eyes searching wildly for you. With no sign of you, he pulls himself back up to the surface, gasping. His teeth chatter and his heart pounds. He takes in a few breaths before plunging back underwater. Bain swims down to the very bottom of the lake, when suddenly his leg brushes your shoe. He looks down and finds your arm. He grabs it and starts pulling you to the surface, his lungs scathingly screaming for breath. With an arm around your waist, he swims madly up to the surface. Bain throws you and him onto a wharf. He coughs and sputters, while you remain emotionless.
Bain turns you over and brushes his wet bangs out of his eyes. People gather around and start whispering. "Oh, Y/N." Bain breathes. He leans over you, biting his bottom lip. He tilts your head back and lowers his mouth to yours. "Please work." He breathes against your lips. He starts giving you mouth to mouth.
Your eyes open and you start coughing. Bain pulls back while you cough out water. You gasp, breathing heavily. You look at him. "You... you saved me." You breathe. You throw your arms around him, tears falling from your eyes. "Thank you, Bain." You cry. Bain tightly wraps his arms around you and buries his face in your neck. "I was so scared, Y/N. I thought I lost you." He admits. The crowd disperses, now uninterested. You pull back and kiss Bain soundly on the lips. With his one arm still around you, he holds the side of your face with his other hand, deepening the kiss. When you pull away you stare at him. He brushes away your tears and gives you a weak smile. You return and he pulls you back against his chest. After a few minutes, he stands, pulling you with him. "Come, Y/N, you need to change your clothes. You're shivering." Bain says. He wraps an arm around your shoulders and, together, walk to your home.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!!