Chapter One - Bleu de Chanel

My office door swung open, my assistant colleague stepping in.

-Holly "Ma'am, we have a conference meeting with Mr Vigilianco CEO of Vigilianco Production's in 10 minutes"

Fuck. I completely forgot about that.

-Bridget " Uh, yeah I'll be there"

I tried not to roll my eyes. My lips pursing into a scowl. Just as I thought I was about to leave this stuffy office to have a relaxing stroll through the park. God I could not be less arsed. I was in a shitty mood and I had had barely any sleep. Yay what could be even funner that a meeting with some asshole who just wants to join partnership with company to keep there's afloat. I'll tell you, fucking anything.

Holly clenched her hand around the doorknob as she moved it closed. Before it closed she nodded at me with a half smile and left.

I gathered up my folders stuffed lazily with documents and papers and grabbed the phone from my desk and got up to leave.

My office was on the 10th floor out of 20 floors so I was right in the middle. The windows inside overlooked the sleepless streets of Vancouver and the sky thats stayed luminous hours after nightfall.

Pressing the elevator buttons, I waited impatiently tapping my heel on the floor whilst looking at the ceiling.  I really didn't want to attend this meeting. The man who would be there was such a god awful bastard. He only saw women as objects and defied them by their looks. I had to hold myself from punching him last time when he told me 'women are good for nothing but intimacy' that really had me.

Interrupted in my thoughts, the elevator doors opened and i stepped in, my heels making a sound with each step i took. Wearing heels was a major confidence boost, there was just something about it that made you feel - powerful.

These are the heels I am wearing you can imagine your own x

I pressed the button for floor number 4, where the conference room was. Glancing at my watch, I saw I had 3 minutes to be there on time. I would sure make it. Not like i really cared I generally didn't want to be there anyway, but if I was late I would make a nice entrance with a dramatic touch up to my hair.

As the elevator went down I watched the floors go past and counted till mine.

10 - 9 - 8, 7 - 6 - 5 - 4!

It's about time. The doors came to a slow open, I  walked out and down along the empty corridors. I was mostly empty except for 2 small grey sofas and the odd plant as decoration. I came to a halt at one of the doors among the corridor and held the handles, digging my acrylics into my palm, and swung it open.

Strutting in, I instantly saw 3 pairs of eyes fall onto me. One was my assistant, Holly sitting straight up looking into her lap and biting her bottom lip, she nervously smiled at me. The next was the fucker Arlo Vigilianco that sexist prick who was the whole reason my day was officially ruined now. But one pair I did not recognise.  A sexy pair of eyes that belonged to a tall man leaned back in his chair, he had dark jet black hair with streak of brown and it had been styled into wet soft curls that draped down his face. Through his white half tucked shirt you could see tattoos drawn all across his chest that spread down his arms. He was fit and muscular his muscles bulged through his black blazer. He was sexy and had a well-refined jawline.

No. Now he I did not recognise. Who was he?

I sat down in my chair once I had reached the table. Sitting down I instantly smelt a familiar aroma. It was a mens aftershave, it was so strong and it made my toes curl and i sat up straight. Bleu de Chanel mens aftershave. My ex used to wear that. I fucking hated it.