Chapter 1- The Past

THEBES - 2,134 B.C

Thebes. City of the Living. Crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First.Setting down in an open plaza. An Arabian horse-drawn chariot comes barreling through the sands, driven by the Pharaoh Seti, an aristocratic, virile old man.

Glaring out over the city at the setting sun is a handsome, muscular man with intense, evil eyes. This is Imhotep. Who is the High Priest of Osiris, Keeper of the Dead. A gorgeous, olive-skinned goddess enters the outer foyer. It takes us a moment to realise that the skin-tight dress she's wearing isn't a dress at all, but rather, her entire naked body has been painted in the ancient Egyptian manner. She's a stunning sight to behold. This is Anck-su-Namun, Pharaoh's Mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. As She makes her way through the ornate statuary. A strange-looking, tattooed man appears in front. Several more hideous, bald men stand nearby, watching Anck-su-namun vanish through the bedroom curtains.

Anck-su-namun embraces Imhotep as they kiss passionately, feverishly. Imhotep's hands roam her perfect body, smearing the paint upon it. As for their love, they were willing to risk life itself. On the other side of the curtains, the bald Priests rush over and close the doors. But just as they do, the doors suddenly burst open with a strong might. With the Pharaoh angrily striding in, he looks at the Priests and exclaims, "What are you doing here?" 

With his exclamation, the priests backed away slowly, scared, as his arrival was unexpected. The Pharaoh strides through them, throwing them away from the hidden bodies behind the curtains. Walking through, he spots Anck-su-namun standing alone. She gives him a sexy smile in an attempt to scare him away from Imhotep. Closely, Pharaoh sees the smeared body paint made by someone, points his finger to her, and says, "Who has touched you?!." 

Hidden behind him, his sword is ripped out of its scabbard. The Pharaoh spins around and finds his Priest, Imhotep. The Pharaoh shocked questions, "Imhotep? .... My Priest." 

Shocked by the betrayal of Imhotep, forgotten Anck-su-Namum, who's behind him, lifts a dagger and plunges it into the Pharaoh's back.

Pharaoh screams in pain of the dagger plunged into his back. Imhotep raises Pharaoh's sword to finish the Pharaoh. During this time, the hideous bald Priests slam the doors shut and bolt them tight. Through the sheer curtains, they see the shadows of Anck-su-namun and Imhotep stab away at Pharaoh. Suddenly, the doors rammed from the other side. "WHAM!." 

Imhotep and Anck-su-namun turned and looked towards the door. "BANG!" 

The doors are rammed again. The two lovers share desperate looks. "WHAM!" 

The bald Priests run up to the couple, grab Imhotep, and try pulling him towards the balcony. Scared as the priests were, they wanted to move him. "Medjay!" They exclaimed to him.

Imhotep tries to break free, but Anck-su-namun rips Pharaoh's sword out of his hand and pushes him towards the balcony. She tells him, "You must go. Save yourself. Only you can resurrect me." With this being said, Imhotep's face fills with despair. 

The doors explode open. Men with blue-tinted skin and strange puzzle tattoos over their bodies stride in, armed to the teeth. These are the Medjay. As the priests try to push Imhotep towards the balcony, "I won't leave you! Get away from me," Imhotep shouts; the Priests hustle Imhotep onto the dark balcony. 

"You shall live again!... I will resurrect you!" he shouts to her just as the Medjay rip through the curtains. 

Anck-su-namun turns to the Medjay, points at Pharaoh, and hisses, "My body is no longer his temple!" She plunges the sword into her own heart and falls to the ground with a thud. Out on the balcony, Imhotep's mouth opens into a horrible silent scream after seeing the sight in front of him.