Prologue: The Man at The Bus Stop

The floor was cold, but Veronica didn't have any other options, unless you would count the chains that bound her to the wall. Her cell mate Cameron wasn't here, but they'd be back soon.

Veronica hated how powerless she felt despite what all the tests that had been done on her.

Oh right, you probably are confused as to what I mean by that. Well, let me take you back to where Veronica's normal life turned on its heel and ran out the door.

It was a casual Friday in the American heatwave that was summer.

Veronica sighed as she got out of work, her friend Axel walking alongside her. He was tall with dark skin and brown hair, his green eyes were known around the office as The Emerald in The Mud. Axel understandably hated this nickname which was why Veronica was his only friend since unlike everyone else she didn't call him that ever.

Axel also had a rather large chest, and not in the Markiplyer sense, more so in the women in a porn add sense. He hated that he had it, but surgery was too expensive in this economy, especially since both he and Veronica were employees working for what was essentially a pyramid scheme.

How they made any money was beyond them, but they'd take it, and at least they weren't homeless.

"Jeez I might just die of heatstroke after that" Axel complained, "I mean seriously! The higher ups have money for days! And you're telling me they can't afford a fucking cooler!? Give me a break."

"Yeah it really was horrible, but I doubt the direct sunlight will help" Veronica joked

"Yeah fair point. Wish that I could afford one to have in my house"

"Same, I could strip down to the bone in my house, and that still wouldn't be enough to cool me down"

At this Axel burst out laughing, "and you're telling me the neighbours won't ogle at you?!"

"Oh I'd just close the blinds, and besides, my chest is hardly what the men want"

"Heyyyy don't say that, I'm sure plenty of guys out there would love to marry you. Not me though I don't swing that way, or the other way. Actually I'm starting to think I don't swing ANY way."

"Well if any men did want to do me they need to make themselves more obvious-wait what?"

At this Axel started to get a bit skittish, "oh well... y'know I... don't feel an attraction to anyone."

"What about your ex boyfriend?"

"Didn't feel what the story's described love as"

"Fair enough."

"You're not gonna say I just haven't met the right person yet?"

"Course not, who do you take me for?"

Axel chuckled a bit at this, "I guess you have a point"

Eventually they got to the bus stop and sat down to wait. Looking at her watch Veronica internally groaned when she realized just how late it was, and the fact that the traffic was incredibly intense.

After an hour a man in black hair sat down next to them, and decided to start up a conversation with the two of them.

"Ah hello there you two! Fine evening we're having here!"

"Uhhhh yeah I guess, bit hot though" Veronica said awkwardly.

"Where you two ladies going?"

"I'm a man." Axel said bluntly catching the stranger a bit off guard.