the astronaut's anthem ✧˚ · .

"free his mind at night"

°˖✧ ♥ ✧˖°

"have y'all heard about this rapper from east mills?"

"rapper, d.k, is climbing up the charts with his single 'the astronaut's anthem'."

"and the winner for best album of the year goes to d.k for message from an astronaut."

there was a simpler time where he wasn't shit. where no one took him being 'd.k' seriously. where he had to be dakota. he would say that he'd trade anything to go back to that. but that wouldn't be the truth because simpler doesn't always mean better.

✧: °・ ♥ : °・✧

{six years ago}

the kango residence- east mills, delaware: 1.1.2000: 10:00 P.M

IT SHOULDN'T have been this easy to throw this thing. It was a crossing thought in his mind at the time. But he wouldn't realize the severity of his living situation until he got older. He wouldn't realize that it wasn't cool or cute to throw parties whenever they felt like it because his mom would never come home anyways. It wasn't cool to have a mom that didn't give a fuck. But at that time, he didn't care or realize any of that. He just wanted a good time, any time and all the time.

The cool winter air hit him as he stepped outside. He could still feel music pumping through his feet as he sat on the porch. This wasn't how he planned to spend his New Year's but everything was starting to get to him. He was only a year out of high school but this seemed to be the trajectory of his life. Getting high, drunk and throwing ragers never bothered him before. But it wasn't just him that he had to think about anymore. Poverty was cool for him, it was all he knew. But he wasn't selfish enough to drag someone else into that. He wasn't selfish or cruel enough to drag her into it,

The front door swung open and he heard a familiar voice, "D?!"

He turned around and saw his sister, "What's good, Rorie?"

"The fuck you doing out here?" She replied as she joined him on the steps,

He took the other cup from her hand, "Not much, I'm just taking a break,"

"Taking a break from what? This whole thing was your idea. Plus the niggas from Pascal are here."

He sucked his teeth and replied, "Damn so motherfuckers can't even think anymore? What? You're the fucking thought police or some shit?"