the fruits

"the fruits of my labour that came to me too
young"

"the fruits of my labour that came to me too young"

ELAERA VELARYON WAS A SURVIVOR. That is what she was known for after crawling out of the tragedy that was the Dance of The Dragons. She was the only survivor in her family — excluding her step-sisters and her little brother Aegon. Her Muña was dead, Jace was dead, Lucerys was dead, Joffery was dead, little Viserys was dead, Vinyx, her dragon, was dead. Even Daemon who she had come to see as her Kepa was dead. They were all gone. At only One and Eight name days — Elaera had lost almost everyone in her family and she couldn't help but feel guilty. The Survivors Guilt ate at her every millisecond of her existence. It should have been her. Even years later when her skin had matured into rough wrinkles, when little Viserys had found his way home, when she had grown to feel at home in the north, when her children were well past their maturity and when her husband's dark brown mane had turned as white as her mother's locks — the guilt never left her. The Dance had left her a battle-worn solider with grief that infected every inch of flesh and scar tissue upon her body and Elaera Stark would carry it forever.

Even into her next life as Elena Gilbert...

ALYSANNE TARGARYEN USE TO BE PETRIFIED AT THE IDEA OF DEATH. The thought that one day she would shut her eyes and never open them again was the worst fate Alysanne could think of when she married her brother. At only One and Two name days Alysanne was married off to Aegon and her only thought during the ceremony was that she would end up like Queen Aemma, her father's first wife and her older sisters mother. She was terrified of the duties her family expected of her and she was terrified of the birthing bed — the woman's battlefield. That was of course until she gave birth to Jaehaerys and Jaehaera. Her children. While Aegon was present for the conception, he certainly wasn't for the birth and that's when they became her children rather then his. While he drowned himself in his cups and buried himself in his whores, she dotted and cared for his heirs. Alysanne use to be petrified at the idea of death until she lost her sweet jaehaerys and then she was petrified at the idea of living. And so, she welcomed death like a warm embrace.

Until she was reborn as Caroline Forbes...

VYSENA TARGARYEN WAS HER MOTHER'S DAUGHTER. She may have been the daughter of Daemon Targaryen, the Rogue Prince, but in reality she was the second-coming of Laena Velaryon, the dragon-rider of Vhagar. Vysena was — alike with most of her family — a victim of the Dance of the Dragons. She fought and died a dragon rider's death for her step-mothers birthright. She and her dragon, Laenys, perished alongside her grandmother at Rook's Rest by the same dragon her mother once use to call her own. Vysena may have donned the name Targaryen but every inch of her was Velaryon, every inch of her belonged to the sea. It was where she belonged, with her mother.

Until she was reborn as Bonnie Bennett...

"for if I'm going downi guess I'll take you with me"

i guess I'll take you with me"

DISCLAIMER : This is a HOTD & TVDU crossover fanfiction and so there will be many changes to canon. This is also a watching the series fic. I do not own any of the canon material belonging to those respective fictional universes. I only own my original content, ideas and dialogue.

NOTE : here I go again making another fanfic instead of updating the ones i'm currently writing...

NOTE : In this fic, some characters (Bonnie, Elena and Caroline) may seem slightly out of character this is because i'll be merging the canon characterisation of the characters with the characterisation of my original characters Elaera, Vysena and Alysanne.

NOTE : This fic will have many canon deviations from both HOTD and TVDU. For example, relationships that take place, characterisation, and events that take place.

DEDICATIONS : amourfolklore wallowsinangst wolfieriddleee darlingmurdock -darksister FRANKSOC3ANN caramelitodemieel AzaleaDiaries PRONGSENTHUSIAST danystarlight wishtherebestars

NOTE : all of those dedications have inspired this work as well as many of the other works on my profile — and i just love their fics (you should totally check them out)

WARNING : This book will contain mature themes and triggering content such as canon typical violence, character deaths, strong language, sexual references, character trauma, murder, themes of war, betrayal, kidnapping, manipulation, mentions of abuse, and more. Please read this fan-fiction at your own discretion as there will be no trigger warnings at the beginning of chapters.