Prologue

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Any similarities to real people, whether alive or deceased, or actual events are entirely coincidental. This story contains grammatical errors and misspelled words so please bear with me.

The characters in this story are flawed and make imperfect decisions, which may frustrate some readers. If you prefer stories with different types of characters, this might not be the right fit for you.

Do separate fiction and reality.

***

Today marks my first day at the University of Cebu, and I can hardly contain my excitement! As I stroll through the campus, the anticipation bubbles within me. My heart flutters with the prospect of meeting new friends and encountering fascinating professors.

As I glance around the campus, I can't help but marvel at its beauty. The lush greenery, the modern architecture-it's truly a sight to behold. I can already imagine spending countless hours studying under the shade of these trees. Naisip ko rin na ang ganda naman yata mag tiktok rito, I would definitely do that if I had some free time.

But amidst all this beauty, I can't shake off the nervousness of encountering terror professors. The stories I've heard about them send shivers down my spine. Will they be as intimidating as they're made out to be? Or perhaps they're just misunderstood, like characters in a novel waiting to reveal their true selves.

Beside me, my brother. A seasoned student and a varsity volleyball player here at UC walks with his usual protective demeanor. He's been looking out for me ever since we were kids. His presence offers some comfort, though his protective nature sometimes feels suffocating. I know he means well, but I wish he'd understand that I'm capable of taking care of myself. I mean, I may be his little sister, but I'm no longer a child. For Pete's sake, 19 na'ko 'no! Hmmm, I wish he'd realized that.

As we approach the court, my pulse quickens. Who knows what surprises await me on this first day of school? One thing's for sure: I'm ready for whatever adventures come my way. Bring it on, UC!