008. THE BEGINNING OF A FRIENDSHIP

Chapter eight

"The beginning of a friendship."

They all had met up at a junkyard as Sensei Lawerence was standing on a car in front of them, he cracked open a banquet and drank from it as he then looked at them all "you've trained hard. You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best. You're ready for this tournament, am I right?" he asked "yes, sensei!" they all voiced "wrong!" Sensei Lawerence voiced, as he threw the beer can down a them, it splashed onto most of them in front "your best ain't shit! If you wanna the all valley under eighteen karate tournament, you gotta give me better then your best. Which is why from now on your gonna get my worst. Do you understand?" he asked them.

"Yes, sensei!" they voiced "are you losers?" Sensei Lawrence asked "no, sensei!" they voiced "are you nerds?" Sensei Lawerence asked "no, sensei!" they voiced "are you sure?" Sensei Lawerence asked "no, sensei!" they all voiced, except for Allison who turned and looked at them all "seriously?" she asked, as Sensei Lawrence huffed, putting his hands over his face.

They all were standing together as there were tires in front of them, they had to run through them, in which Miguel and Hawk were doing it " move those feet. Go! Go! Go!" Sensei Lawerence yelled and as he did, the others then followed behind them including Aisha and Allison "let's go, squirt. Good job, buddy. Allison and Aisha this ain't a beauty pageant!" Sensei Lawerence voiced, as the two moved faster. Then soon they all were going through it one last time, as Aisha was leading the charge as her foot stuck she fell "whoa!" she voiced, as Allison then tripped over her and fell on top of her, Miguel fell on top of her, followed by Hawk and all the others, as Sensei Lawerence held his arms out.

Then they all were holding weapons in their hands "your enemies are all around. Destroy them!" Sensei Lawerence voiced, as they all ran off, Allison raised her brows looking at Sensei Lawerence, she dropped her weapon on the floor and turned walking off, as Sensei Lawerence held his arms out not expecting that.

Then there was a plank that went across to the other side where Sensei Lawerence stood above a dumpster filled with broken glass and metal "go!" Sensei Lawerence yelled as Miguel walked across from it "atta boy! Come on, your girlfriends the princess here not you! Let's go, move that ass." Sensei Lawerence said, as Miguel made it to the other side, Hawk turned looking at Allison and Aisha as the two motioned him forward, Hawk turned and began walking across from it "he's totally gonna fall." Aisha told her, as Allison scoffed "totally." she said "there's nothing to fear, except for fear itself. That, and falling in sharp metal and broken glass, so don't do that!" Sensei Lawerence voiced, as Hawk slipped, Allison and Aisha gasped, having said he was gonna fall but him actually falling was a different story.

Then they all were standing around in a group, as Sensei Lawerence was handing out jerky "you wanna win? You gotta be hungry. You guys hungry?" he asked "yes, sensei!" everyone voiced, except for Allison and Aisha "you know, maybe if you told sensei about your past, he might understand why you didn't take a weapon to a car." Aisha shared, and when she did, Allison looked to Miguel seeing he wasn't listening and then back to Aisha "he doesn't know?" Aisha asked her, as Allison shrugged "I told him I did some bad things but I didn't exactly give him details." she shared.

As Aisha furrowed her brows "so you'll give a random stranger online personal information about you but not your boyfriend?" she asked her "well for your information, I haven't messaged him back since me and Miguel became a thing." she shared "that's good, right?" Aisha asked her, as Allison huffed "I don't know. For some odd reason I feel like I know the person I've been messaging, it just..feels safe." she shared, as Aisha chuckled "yeah, a guy through a computer screen is.." she was saying, as the two heard dogs barking, they looked to their left and saw them charging at them "oh shit!" Aisha voiced, as her and Allison turned running off.