THE LONLEY CHILDREN.

There were 2 lonely children. No parents, friends, family, just each other. They had found a hut for shelter, but it was run down and had holes in the roof and walls.

A small boy, clearly malnourished, was running back from the village after stealing some bread and bread buns from a local vendor. He was running back to the hut where his little sister was, hoping that the food would still be hot by the time he got there.

The small boy slid open the door. The rags on the windows torn and tattered. He walked in and closed the door. The floor boards creaked as he walked through the house. "Joo-won, im back!" He called out in the darkening house. His little legs took him where he could hear a small 'Im here.'

He saw a small girl. She was extremely small for her age. Her body was fraile and she couldn't run or walk fast. The small boy walked to even smaller sister and helped her sit up. "What did you bring?" She asked him as he had his hands on her back. He pulled out a little stash of bread and bread rolls.

"Here, eat these." He handed her some and saved the rest for later. "I almost got caught this time. I'll have to be more sneaky next time." He snickered as his sister shoved her face. "Hey, slow done." He held her hands. "You'll choke." He warned her just as their mother had when she was alive. It felt like a distant dream. Something from long ago.

He found a tattered blanket and layed it over his sister. "Get some sleep. I'll get better food tomorrow." He promised her.

Now, he was back on his mission. He couldn't find another place with something better. He was back at the bread vendor. This time he was caught. "Hey! What are you doing?! Are you the reason  my breads been disappearing?!" He shouted and grabbed Misul's arm. He shouted and tried to pull away.

"Let go! Let go of me please!" He shouted tears forming in his eyes. The man grabbed his dirty shirt and held him up as people started crowding around them. "You little jerk! How are you going to pay me back?!" He shouted. "Let go! I just needed to feed my sister!" She kicked his legs and cried.

"Too bad." The man said and lifted his fist. The people in the crowd covered their mouths with their hands. Misul braced himself for the impact. "Stop!" A high pitched voice shouted. "Stop!" It shouted again. The man froze and Misul opened his eyes. They both turned and saw a woman with pink and green hair. She had a large group of people with her.

"Put him down!" She shouted again. "No way! How else is he going to pay for taking 2 months worth of my bread?!" He shouted back dangling the small boy. "We'll pay for it." Another woman stated as she reached into her pocket and tossed a bunch of cash at the vendor.

once the cash was thrown and Misul was dropped on the ground he made a beeline for the old broken house. "Hey stop right there you brat!" A man covered in scars yelled and chased him. He ran into the house and grabbed his sister. "Aniki, What are you doing?" She asked him as he carried her into the closet of their parent's room upstairs. "Shhh." He told her. She listened and cuddled into his chest. They listened to the group of people walk into the house.

"See sanemi you scared him!" A voice scolded the man. "We helped that little runt and he ran away!" The man they assumed was named Sanemi shouted. "Well let's just find him, he seems very malnourished and needs to be taken care of." The same person said. They heard footsteps up the stairs and wondering around. The door to the room they were in opened. "Hey little guy, we wont hurt you. We are just trying to help. Please come out." A soft voice called out to them.

They held their breath and Misul held his little sister closer. The door to the closet opened. He tried to morph into the wall as much as he humanly could. The smaller girl curled her legs in more. "Hey, there. My name is Kanroji Misturi. Sorry we startled you guys. Do you want to come out and be my friend? We could find your parents." She offered as she squatted down.

Misul thought hard. 'Should i go with them for Joo-won.' He thought. He sighed and gently pushed his sister in Mitsuri's arms. She smiled at him and gently picked the little girl up. He came out and walked downstairs with her. "He came out of hiding." Mitsuri said smiling.

The little girl in her arms wiggled around. Mitsuri sent her down and she walked over to her brother. He grabbed her hand and whispered in her right ear. She nodded and smiled at him. They gathered around the children. "My name is Shinto Misul. This is my little sister Joo-won." He told them quietly. "Thank you for getting me out of that situation, i guess." He rolled his eyes.

"It's fine sweetheart, how about we get you guys somewhere warm." A woman with black and purple hair said. They started walking but half way through its evident that the 2 children were exhausted. They were slower and couldn't keep up as long.

"Do you want us to carry you guys?" The short woman offered. "No..." Misul yawned. The firey owl man picked him up and tossed him over his shoulder. The short woman gently picked up the little girl. She felt an odd feeling to protect this girl from the horrors of the world.

The two children were asleep in the safe warm arms of adults who would truly care for them. The reached the butterfly estate and were layed in a room in comfy beds next to each other.