meeting

the french riviera was probably the most beautiful thing in the world, at least to kiara lune. living in nice, france had many perks, she loved living right on the beach, the gorgeous view taking her breath away each time, no matter how many times she saw it. sure, the tourists and expenses weren't exactly ideal, but kiara was truly lucky.

kiara's lips perked up as she sat on the balcony just outside of her bedroom, watching the waves meet the shore. she longed to go for a swim but she knew she had to set off for london soon enough.

she dreaded it. the last thing she wanted was to leave the comfort of her home, the comfort of france, just for some meeting.

of course, she had signed up for it. but she had soon regretted it.

she groaned as her house elf popped into her room, just outside of the balcony doors.

"master kiara, your cousin is here for you." the squeaky elf said, knowing how much the girl hated being bothered.

"thank you, winnie." kiara said, a soft sigh escaping her lips as she turned from the view and went through her room and down the steps.

"merlin, finally." a voice grumbled, only for kiara to be met with an irritated look as he realized she wasn't ready yet. "kiara, i swear to merlin. get fucking dressed." he said, his voice low as he glared at her.

"connard." kiara mumbled, spinning on her heel as she hurried back up the stairs.

"i know french, kie." he yelled back after her, suppressing a laugh at just how irritable she was in mornings.

kiara just rolled her eyes as winnie handed her the silk, lavender skirt and white, tanked bodysuit she had chosen the day prior. kiara rushed to get them on as she used her magic to do her makeup.

"does master kiara want her robes today?" winnie asked.

"no, not today. thank you." kiara said, giving her house elf a small smile before tying up her converse and heading back down the stairs.

"sirius is going to love you." her cousin said, laughing at her muggle clothes.

"shut up, kingsley. it's jolie." kiara said, her french accent more prominent as she spoke in her first language.

kingsley raised a questioning eyebrow, clearly judging her definition of pretty. but he chose to keep his mouth shut before apparating them outside a house in london.

"dègoûtante." kiara muttered, her face scrunching up as she stared at the filthy house.

"saying it in french doesn't make it nicer." kingsley said, dragging her towards the front door.

"i hate that you know french, i can't even talk shit." kiara complained, trying to resist him from pulling her before ultimately losing.

but as they walked in, her eyes widened and a gasp got caught in her throat as a wand was suddenly digging into the front of her neck.

"what was the first thing you ever said to me?" the man barked, digging the wand in deeper.

"putain de monstre." kiara choked out, feeling relief the second the wand was away from her.

"excellent. welcome back, lune." alastor said, attempting a smile that looked more like he was constipated.

"constant vigilance, huh?" kingsley said, laughing as the cousins walked further inside.

suddenly three boys walked into the corridor, all of them instantly excited as they saw her.

"kie!" the one with long, dark curls called out, running over to pull the girl into a hug as if they've been friends forever.