1

Stella's POV:
"Kira!" I call as I put out a bowl of cereal.
My little girl comes sprinting downstairs, "yes mommy?"
"Breakfast butterfly! And you're going to Dad's today, mommy has to work." I tell her
She nods and eats her cereal. I pack her an overnight bag and then put her coat on her. We go out to my car. I buckle her in and hop in the front seat.
"Ok possum, remember, if anything goes wrong and someone finds you, tell them to take you to firehouse 51." I remind her as I park at Grants.
She nods. I get her out and grab her bag. I ring Grant's door bell. He answers the door.
"Hey Stella Bella." He smiles
"Grant I've told you don't call me that." I growl
"Sorry. Hey Kira, come on kid." Grant replies
"Hi dad," she quietly murmurs before giving me a big hug,
"Awww, I love you my little munchkin. Mommy will see you in the morning ok? Just after 8!" I tell her.
"Love you too mommy." She smiles before that smile fades and she walks inside with Grant.
I sigh and head back to my car and drive to 51. I grab my duffel bag and walk inside. I put my stuff in my locker and head into the briefing room. I notice I'm a little late.
"Kidd?" Boden asks
I give him a look. He nods. He and Gabby are the only people that know about Kira, as it's in my personnel file, and gabby is my best friend.
"To start off with. Cleaning, I want the trucks compartments cleaned and re organised." Boden orders, "lieutenants, your in charge for that."
"Copy Chief." The three lieutenants reply
"Dismissed. Kidd, my office, a word?" He asks
I nod and follow him to his office, "what's up chief?"
"How's Kira?" He asks, closing the door
"Good. Real good. She's at Grants right now. Much against what I want. But she knows if she is in trouble to find someone and get them to bring her here." I tell him
"That's good," Boden smiles, "remember, Donna is always happy to care for her."
"I know. I know. But I need to let him get her 3 days a month." I reply
"True." He sighs, "dismissed."
"Alright." I smile and exit his office.
I head to the Apparatus floor to help with the clearing out.
"Truck 81, Ambulance 61, single car accident, Corner of Calumet and West Point!" The bell goes off.
We quickly put everything back and roll out. We pull up to the scene and hop out. Casey assesses the scene
"Kidd, I need the jaws." Casey orders, "Otis, Halligan."
I get them and rush over to the car. Otis wedges the halligan in the door and makes a hole for the Jaws. I put them in the hole and turn them on. They pry the doors open. I take the jaws away and Casey opens the door fully. We extricate the victim, passing them to 61, and then clean up. We head back to 51. We work on cleaning the compartments. I see a young woman come in holding a child in her coat. I notice Kira's bag on her back.
"Hey," I call
"Hi, I found this little girl on the side of the road. Says her name is Kira. She said to come here." The woman tells me, "this is her bag."
I sprint over. Kira sees me.
"Mommy." She sobs
"Hey baby." I lift her to me.
She buries her face in my neck. I take her bag.
"Dad hurted me!" She cries
"Shhh! You're ok baby girl." I soothe, rocking softly
She calms down slowly and I sit her on my hip.
"Kidd?" Casey asks as they walk over softly
"Uh, yeah. This is Kira. She's my 4 year old daughter." I exclaim
"Oh, hey Kira." Casey waves, "I'm Matt Casey."
"Hi Mr Casey." Kira waves
"Yeah. She's got manners." I smile and kiss the top of her head.
Ambo pulls in and Gabby sees Kira and smile. She jumps out. Kira sees her.
"Auntie Gabby!" Kira reaches and I put her down.
She runs for Gabby. Gabby lifts her up and throws her in the air.
"Hey munchkin." Gabby smiles, before noticing the bruises and turns to me.
I mouth 'Grant.' She nods and gestures to 61.
I nod and follow her over. We hop in the back and sit Kira on the gurney.
"Auntie Gabby is just going to check on your bruises ok?" I tell her
She nods. Gabby checks over them. She gives the all clear. Kira cuddles into me and I carry her inside. Boden is making coffee. I put Kira down. I place her bag by the TV.
"Pop!" She runs for him.
Boden turns and sees Kira. He lifts her up.
"Hey Kira." He smiles.
"Hi." Kira replies
"Chief, can you call Donna so she can watch her for the rest of shift. Don't want her to get in the way." I ask
"She is never in the way. She can stay the shift, if it's ok with you." Boden smiles
"Ok. You wanna stay here baby girl?" I ask
She nods excitedly.
"Hey munchkin, want to make chocolate chip cookies?" Gabby asks
"Yeah!" Kira smiles and I place her on the counter to help Gabby.
I go and sit at the table.
"So, is Kira ok? I noticed some bruises," Casey asks
"Her father, Grant, I split with him cause he is a drug addict. But, somehow he got 3 days of visitation a month," I exclaim, "but he won't have it very long now."
"You going to go to family court?" Cruz asks
"He hurt my kid, I going to criminal court for Assault on a minor. I'll talk to the PD." I growl
"No need to go mama bear on us," Otis chuckles, getting a shove from Cruz.
I smile softly.
"I'll call Tonio. He'll be more than happy to help." Gabby calls as she finishes putting a tray in the oven.
I nod and notice the time. 1:30. I see Kira rub her eyes.
"Kirabear. I think it's nap time." I smile and go to lift her up.
She reaches for me and I head into the bunk room. I notice I forgot to get her nap blanket out of her bag in the common room. I head back and try to grab her bag. Severide notices me struggling and grabs the bag.
"Here, I got it." He smiles
I smile thankfully and we walk into the bunk room.
"Can you get the blue fuzzy blanket out of the bag?" I ask, "and the bear."
He nods and gets them out. I give Kira the bear and lay the blanket on her. I sing a soft lullaby. Kira falls asleep.
"Lay her in my bunk." Kelly smiles
"Thank you!" I sigh and lay Kira in Kelly's quarters.
He shuts the doors. We slowly walk out.
"You were really good with her." Kelly tells me
"Why thank you," I smile as I zip up Kira's bag.
I place my hands on the bed and break down crying.
"Woah. Stella." He wraps his arms around me, holding me up, "you ok."
"I can't." I cry
He sits down on the bunk and holds me against him.
"Can't what Stella?" He asks
"I'm don't know how longer I can be strong in front of Kira." I sob
"You are the strongest person I know." Kelly assures me
"I'm running low on rent, I can barely afford hot water and heating." I tell him.
"Move to mine. Casey is with Gabby now. I have 2 spare rooms." He exclaims, "one for you. One for Kira."
"Really? You'd do that?" I ask
He nods and stares at me. I stare at him too and then lean in for a kiss. He kisses me back. I smile.
"I'm tired." I yawn
"Then take a nap." He smiles and lays down, knowing it is my bunk we are on.
I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep.

Dawson's POV:
I head into the bunk room to grab something from my bunk. I see Stella asleep on Severide. He kisses her hair. He then sees me.
"Shhh!" He whispers, "she had an emotional moment. Needs this real bad."
I nod and grab what I need before leaving. I walk into the common room.
"If you go in the bunk room quiet, Kidd is asleep and so is Kira. Kidd had an emotional breakdown. She needs this nap." I tell everyone.
"You heard her." Boden exclaims, "silence in the bunk room."
Everyone nods.

Kelly's POV:
I scroll on my phone when Stella stirs.
"Hey you." I smile
"Hey, thanks for that," she sits up
"No problem." I smile.
She stretches.
"Can we talk. About the kiss?" She asks
I nod, "what about it?"
"I'm in love with you Kelly." She whispers
"Same Stella. Will you go on a date with me?" I ask her, "and maybe be my girl?"
She nods and kisses me. We head into the common room. Stella gets a cup of coffee.

Kidd's POV:
I drink my coffee when Kira walks in. I put my mug down as she walks over to me. I lift her up.
"Hey baby girl." I murmur, "how was your nap?"
"Good." She smiles
"Hey Kira. The cookies are ready." Gabby smiles from behind the counter
"Cookies!" Kira smiles and I put her down so she can go help.
I talk with the guys. We then have to head out on a call so Kira stays with Connie.