Amidst The Spooky Season

[Monday, October 30, 2024]8:41 am.

"Okay, so to do a backflip, you must stay calm, and– WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING!?" Victor turned around to face the two dagger wielders, who were practicing archery."What do you think?" Zac replied sassily. He was teaching the best friend of his girlfriend some tips on archery, and they were using an apple for their target, EXCEPT the apple was on top of Kayla's head."I only agreed to this because they were both special people to me." Kayla commented, Zac blushed and rubbed the back of his neck while Jaelynn grinned, "She'll be fine."The leader raised his eyebrows and continued to watch the three, hesitant about this way of training.

"Alright, so square up your shoulders, put your feet together, straighten your back, and keep your eyes on the target." The Japanese brunette guided the younger one, and she followed him."And shoo-!" Zac and Jae both shrieked when something suddenly startled them, causing the girl to miss the apple, which would have killed Kayla if she hadn't ducked, and instead the flying arrow broke one of their windows. It turns out it was Zephyr in the van who honked at them, "Zephyr!" They all frowned, looking annoyed."Sorry! But it's good, trust me!" He got off the driver's seat and introduced a girl. "Do you know her?" He asked sheepishly, already knowing the answer and the lore of their friend group."Hi..." Gabriella started, awkwardly. Suddenly, the doors swung open, and it revealed Simon holding an arrow, looking quite furious."Who the heck!?"He looked towards Zephyr and Gabriella, and his eyes widened like saucers, as well as Gabi's. "Ohh crap, bro." Vito added, knowing that these two should not be in a group chat together, much less meeting each other in real life. "Simon." Gabriella spoke, while Simon glared daggers at her. "What's happening? Do you guys know her?" Zac was dumbfounded. "Let's go inside, Zac." Kayla dropped the apple on the ground and led Zac inside the factory.

The two stared at each other for what seemed like hours. If looks could kill, everyone who took sight of the two would be as good as dead. Gabriella turns around and leaves. "Perhaps I'm not welcomed here." She said it coldly and went to gather her things. Simon looked at her furiously, but since it was the apocalypse, maybe they should at least try to agree to live with each other from now on.

"As long as you don't do anything stupid or annoying, I'm fine with you living with me." He rolled his eyes and went back inside. "Welcome to the group..." Jaelynn shrugged awkwardly.Vito sighed, 'Why is my life like this?' He thought to himself and sluggishly left.

/ ...Time Skip...\

"Guys! O-m-g!" Amaya beamed excitedly, running from the stairs to the living room.She stared at them with a blank expression when Victor and Lukas were playing chess, with Cayden, Enzo, and Simon watching them. Kayla was reading something, and Sofia was playing with her Nintendo Switch. "Yes! I won!" Victor stood up triumphantly. 

Lukas rolled his eyes and slumped down on the couch. "Yeah, yeah. No need to rub it in." Victor smirked menacingly and teased, "You know what rhymes with second place? Lukas' face!" He laughed and sat down.

"Shut up," Lukas retorted. Kayla noticed Amaya staring at them. "Something wrong, Amaya?" She asked softly. The anime simp turned to Kayla and went back to her usual self. "I totally forgot! Halloween's tomorrow!" She yelled, grinning widely. "Oh yeah!" Jae yelled from the kitchen; she looked like she was baking cupcakes.Enzo then stood up and smirked.

"I'm going to wear the nastiest, ugliest, and scariest costume ever! It's so scary, it'll give anyone who looks at it nightmares for years!" He cackles. "I'm probably going to go shopping later for costumes." Gabriella stands up and goes to get water. The older Valentino brother stood up and walked away.