II.🌗

"Hey, Awesome." Nova grinned ear to ear at the sight of Kai.

"Hi Nova." Kai mumbled and Nova frowned looking at the teenager in front of him.

"Why the long face, what happened.?" He asked worriedly opening the car's door for Kai to get in.

Kai was unsettled, didn't utter another word despite the cheerfulness she always is around her brother.

"What happened Awesome.?" Nova tried again after he sat behind the wheel.

She pouted holding tears which fight to make a path.

"Did... the wig fall off.?" Nova hesitated.

Kai shook her head in denial fidgeting her hands.

"Did anyone recognize you; you know any person from school maybe.?" He asked trying to grab Kai's hand and she coiled which made Nova retreat his hands.

"I want to wear your clothes." She whispered fidgeting the sky-blue beads bracelet gifted by Nova.

"Okay.?" Nova state confusedly not getting what Kai is trying to say.

"I-I-I..." Kai broke down sobbing hiding her face over the palms of her hands, the long straight black wig on top of her head helps her hid her face as well.

Tears started to fill Nova's eyes but stubbornly he held them to remain strong for her.

He put his hand over Kai's shoulder "Awesome."

"Am not awesome at all, why did you guys think of naming me that? Am just Kai and I don't even know if I deserve the name." She cried uncontrollably.

"Kai." Nova squeezed the girl's shoulder attempting to comfort her.

"I don't want to wear stupid skirts anymore, I don't want to wear dresses, I don't want to wear girl's stuff, I don't want." She burst out yelling at him.

He was heartbroken, this was Kai's second week at Salsa dancing lesson. She has been coming home gushing with excitement and tells him all the songs, style and dancing lessons she practiced at Salsa girl's Min Club.

"I had so much fun."

"Oh, the teacher compliments me that am a fast learner."

"Trust me Nova, this is the amazing hobby I ever pick."

"When you are free, I will teach you Nova. We will have so much fun".
She babbled.

He gave her side bear hug and rub her shoulder "Please tell me what happened."

"I just don't want skirts anymore, they are tiresome." She hiccupped.

She didn't answer the question, but Nova knew that they are going somewhere.

"And...?" He pressed.

"And... and are itchy." She sniffed.

"And... what else.?"

"Nothing, I just don't want to." She sniffed getting off the hold.

"Please." Nova pressed for more.

"It was embarrassing. I got a reaction, and it showed over my skirt." She whispered sobbed quietly squeezing Nova's hands.

"It's okay Kai, it's okay." He tried to assure squeezing his hands.

"No, it is not. Try to wear a skirt yourself and you'll see how not okay it is Nova."

"Hey, I know it was hard."

"Miranda shrieked and asked what that was, and I didn't know what to answer." She shrugged.

"Bridget threw that I was in boy's short, maybe I wanted to make myself appear thicker and curvier, but she mocked it was a weird code."

"Ariana, Ariana jus shrugged that it was fine because she even wears sometimes over dresses when she is super cold."

"Ariana is nice." Nova commented trying to find something else to say.

"Yeah, she is she... um my first friend there." She smiled sadly.

It was girl's dancing club for learning Salsa. Nova knew how bad Kai felt when her body reacted.

"Guess what.?" Nova asked excitedly trying to switch the mood.

"What?" Kai asked wiping his tears off.

"Dum-dum-dum-dum. 'You' will wear my clothes from now on, this weekend we are going on shopping and this guy is going to pile you up with his style." Nova pointing at himself smiling at her.

She snorted "I don't want your style grandpa."

He pretended to be offended and scoffed "Grandpa? Hey, am sexiest guy alive in my senior year."

She rolled her eyes "They should get their eyes checked, sexiest guy? They are insane."

"Are you saying that am ugly.?" Nova put his hand over his chest dramatically gasping.

"I wanted you to know that you are not Chris Evans." Kai shrugged stifling a laugh which made Nova laughs shaking his head.

"So?" Nova trailed.

"So?" Kai tilted his head.

"Will you go again there, Salsa club?"

"No, this girl is not going anywhere near that place." She patted her long straight black wig.

"Their lost then." Nova boomed snatched Kai's wig from her head.

"Hey, that is my girl, Norah." Kai pouted trying to snatch back the hair wig.

"I love your natural dirty blonde more than this Norah girl." Nova commented throwing the wig at the backseat.

She patted her head grinning whilst putting her seatbelt "At least we both agree with that."

Nova chuckled, turning on the engine taking it as their cue to leave but his heart sank to what happened to Kai.

******:::***********:::***********::***

Peeking out...👀
Ahem, ahem....
Hola...!
Guys will u do the honor of not to forget to vote plz😩✨
Aaaaaaand do comments, I looooove to hear ur thoughts 💬💭