Financially Independent?

Arya:

"What did you say?" Ishaan thundered, his eyes aflame with fury. The room seemed to shrink in the heat of his rage, and the air grew thick with tension. No one dared defy him; his ego, a towering fortress, brooked no dissent. How could such an egoistic person tolerate his own wife talking against him?

I tried to move back but stopped hitting the wall and he immediately locked me there with his both hands, blocking the way to leave.

"What did you say?" Ishaan said but this time his voice was soft and his eyes showed a different emotion than anger. What is he upto? Why is he so unpredictable and confusing? He tried to move more closer to me but I stopped him by keeping both my hands between us. He looked at me and moved a little bit back.

"Talk by staying away from me. Learn how to talk to a woman," I said, turning my face the other side as I can feel his warm breath over me.

"Really? Ok let me see what will you do if I cross the line and close the distance between us," Ishaan said and I gulped.

"You are my wife officially and whatever I do to you, you can't even reach out to anyone for help. Moreover no one dares to have a fight with a Devil like me."

Ishaan held both my hands tight and came closer to my face, almost touching my lips with his. God, why is he doing this to me? I can't take it. I remembered Varun forcing me several times even before Eira and making me exhausted when I talk against him. I never thought Ishaan would do the same. Why did these men choose to shut the mouth of a girl by f*ucking her? Does they feel they are men by doing so? Forcing a girl never makes them a man.

Ishaan suddenly moved back and looked at me for a while. He raised his hand frightening me but ended up caressing my hairs.

"Relax, I would never force you and I didn't even marry you for that. If that was my intention, I would have done that even without marrying you."

"The courage in your words should be in your actions too. Your nails and legs has the power to destroy the male ego of any pervert and put them in their place," Ishaan said and held my hands again.

"See, use these nails to pierce the flesh of anyone who forgets that they are humans and behaves as a wild animal. And use your knee to kick them at their private part and while they are in pain, you can escape from there. Even if that's a husband has absolutely no right to force his woman."

"Have this water," Ishaan said and I took the water at once.

"Come and sit here," Ishaan said, showing me the place beside him on the sofa. I sat beside him.

"Tell me why are you so determined and adamant to do the job? I married you and I am capable of taking care of my wife and child. What else do you need?" Ishaan said and now his voice is not rude or dominating. It is as if a friend is trying to know my perception and point. I thought Ishaan would be so angry for not respecting him and arguing with him but he is so cool. Or pretending to be so?

"I...I..." I said, but couldn't speak looking at him. I felt nervous and frightened because of my past. I don't know why is my past haunting me even after three years of separation.

Varun's rage, his brutal blows-I can still feel them, etched into my memory like scars. Is Ishaan going to behave in the same way? After all he is a ruthless mafia king and a great business tycoon who controls anyone with one look. Everyone knows how brutally he has killed many people just for going against him or enquiring about his crimes. My lips parched, my hands quivering, I grappled with fear.

And then, unexpectedly, Ishaan caught my shivering hands. His touch, though unexpected, carries a strange tenderness. Can a heartless criminal, feared by many, truly understand my agony? Doubt gnaws at me, but in that moment, I wonder if there's more to him than the world says and I know. Or am I feeling this way because my heart is craving for love and tenderness that melts the boundaries I have constructed around my heart and sheds my tears completely, allowing me to forget the pain that's hidden for years-pain that no one else truly comprehends?

"You can share what you wanted to say. I don't like my wife working because I have my reasons which I can't explain to you for now. But I want to know your perception on the same," Ishaan said, and his voice is not soft or angry but firm and cool. I don't know why couldn't I speak a single word sitting beside him and glancing at him.

"Well, you don't have a reason to defend your intention of doing a job. So, let me finalize my decision that you are not working anymore," Ishaan said, bluntly.

"No, I have a reason," I said.

"What's that?"

"I want to be financially independent. I don't like to ask money for everything from my husband. I don't mean that you can't take care of me or Eira but I want to support myself atleast to some extent."

"So for that you chose modeling as an option," Ishaan said.

"No. I am not interested in modeling. I did bachelors in Fashion designing. I want to work as a costume designer for the models," I said.

"What if I say you are not allowed to go out to work?"

"Can I work through online? I can freelance taking orders and designing the clothes from home. At times, I may need to visit the company but not everyday," I said, in a requesting way as Ishaan stopped his dominating tone with me.

"I will answer that later. So your ego makes you feel low if you depend on your husband financially, isn't it?"

"I can't help if you assume self respect as ego," I said and the next second, his eyes became dark.

"I..I..am...sorr..."

"Do one thing. Enlighten me by explaining the difference between ego and self respect, baby," Ishaan said.

"Baby?" I said, giving an awkward and irritated expression.

"You are my wife. Though you are a mother to another baby, still I can call you as baby," Ishaan said.

"But..."

"Stop the unnecessary talk and answer my question," Ishaan said.

Why did I marry this guy? He is completely making me insane with his words and actions. I don't understand whether he's a good or bad man.

Hi friends, how is the episode? Can you give me your opinion on the difference between ego and self respect? If the difference given by you seems great, then I will tag you in the next episode and will write your sentence as an answer to Ishaan's question.