000. prologue

000. prologue

ATHENA SMITH had always been second to her brother, Negan. He was the successful, the married and the adored son that every mother would die to have.

Whereas Athena, she was completely different. She had the bad reputation of a teenage girl. Lost her virginity at fifteen. Dropped out of school at sixteen. Got her first tattoo at seventeen, which her parents were not proud of. Then moved out at eighteen, and did whatever she could to live independently.

She kept in contact with Negan, of course. She never really had anything against him, he was her brother and she loved him.

A couple decades later on in their lives, their parents passed and Negan was getting married. Athena was sent an invitation, which she kindly accepted.

She met Lucille, loved her. They became sisters. But, things started to go downhill when she found out Negan cheated on her and that she was diagnosed with cancer.

Didn't take long for Negan to realise what he had lost, eventually apologising and making her feel appreciated again.

Then the outbreak happened, and things didn't go so well for either of the Smith siblings.

ATHENA WAS sat in her bedroom. Her house was yet to be rundown with biters, and she waited anxiously for whenever that moment could be.

When she heard her front door open, she thought the time was near. The redhead woman approached her closet, pulling out a machete.

She held it, her grip on the handle making her hand turn white. She reached for her door handle, opening it slowly.

She peaked her head out, when no one was there, she walked along the hallway. Reaching a corner, she moved her head to see who was stood there. Negan.

"Athena." He breathed out. His eyes were swelling with tears, and he had dark circles surrounding them. His hair was all messy, and he was holding a baseball bat in his left hand.

"Jesus, Negan. I nearly killed you!" Athena ran her hand through her hair, lowering the machete in her hand, it dangling beside her leg.

She looked at him closely, seeing the wetness of recent tears decorating the dark circles under his eyes. Her brows furrowed, "What happened?"

"Lucille...she's dead." Negan spoke, trying to keep his voice from cracking. It was shaky, Athena had never seen her brother in this state before. She felt sorry for him.

She didn't say anything. Athena grew up knowing that sometimes actions spoke louder than words. She walked forward, reaching her arms out and hugging her brother.

Negan wasn't much of a crier, especially in front of his sister. But, in that moment, he didn't care. He just let the tears fall. Let himself fall.

After the small pep talk they shared, and the comforting of Athena, Negan came up with a plan.

"I'm angry about this, Thena." He began, Athena's eyebrows furrowing. "There's some assholes i want you to meet."

And from then on, Negan and Athena remained together. Built an army in the apocalypse, created a group of what Negan said was to be power and help.

But, after what Athena witnessed one night, she realised Negan was beginning to change his plans.

DAISY SPEAKS!!
so. i'm so fucking excited to write this. like yall don't understand. rosita has always been my girl and i've been dying to write a fanfic for her for AGES.
anyway enjoy yall.
stay safe.