001. no exceptions

001. no exceptions

FOR ATHENA, killing someone in a world like this was never a big deal. But, there was something different about what she came across that night. Something that she didn't feel necessarily comfortable with.

People say they're ready to kill someone, or see someone get killed, but the truth is, they never really are. Everyone has the gut-wrenching feeling every once in a while, and tonight, that's what Athena felt.

Their plan was to take over a group. A group that had made the decision of striking first. A terrible decision at that.

Simon and Athena were to lead it. Simon had been out all day with the other saviours, giving the group warnings, blocking their way, but they still hadn't given up.

That was unusual. As most groups were scared of them, wanted to prove their worth. Prove that their life was deserved to be lived. But, this group seemed to not care. They seemed to want to push the saviours over the edge, and it was sure as hell nudging Simon.

They were all ready. They were buckled up for the journey ahead of them. Simon lead the whistle, soon tons of other Saviours joining in like they had planned.

They had caught another man earlier on, driving an RV. The same RV the group had been travelling in for the whole day.

The saviours had dragged him out, just about nearly beaten him to death. Her brother, Negan, was then sat in that RV. Him waiting to make his grand entrance, something that Athena didn't think was really needed.

The group. The target ran right into the trap. The lights of all the cars surrounding them turned on, saviours lined up around them. Whistles echoing through the woods.

Athena payed close attention to the people there.

A large muscular man. He had ginger hair and a ginger moustache. He was wearing a big winter coat, with a fur hood. You could tell he was strong, the way he carried himself made him look quite intimidating.

He was carrying a woman on a stretcher. Athena didn't get a very good look at her face, but she could tell from the circumstance that the woman was violently ill. She was wrapped in tons of blankets, sheets, basically anything Athena guessed they could find.

Carrying the other side of the stretcher was another man, pure horror and confusion in his face. His curly hair was dripping with sweat, practically sticking it to his forehead. He had a jacket with a wool collar, the collar was all dirty and covered in blood.

On the man's right was a brown skinned woman. Her hair was tied back into a low bun. An AR was hung around her shoulder, as well as a small green satchel. She walked cautiously, her brows furrowed.

Then Athena's eyes darted towards a kid. A fucking kid. He was dressed in a white and blue flannel and wore a cowboy hat on his head. His hair was pretty long, and it stuck to his neck. He also had an eyepatch, not like a pirate, more like a bandage, but Athena guessed he must've had an accident earlier on.