Valentine's Day Special!

The soft ticking of the clock was all Meggy could hear when she woke up, she stretched a bit as she patted the spot where Tari was supposed to be, she opened her eyes and looked around. "Tari...?" She called out, no response. She quickly got up, "Tari..?!" She was growing panicked. She rushed out the door, tripping on something that caused her to fall, letting out a sound of pain. She looked to see what she tripped on and it was... a balloon? It was red and had white shaped hearts on it. Tari peaked her head from around the corner, walking over to the fallen Lieutenant. "My apologies Meggy! I-I didn't expect the balloons to trip you!" She helped her up, "are you okay..?" Tari held her close, making sure no bad injuries were on her, luckily it was just a small bruise. Meggy sighed in relief as she nuzzled into her touch, "I'm perfectly fine... just uh.. wondered where you were.. hehe.." she didn't want to admit it but she would sometimes panic if she didn't know where Tari is, her being a deviant and all, Tari would be killed if anyone found out. Luckily she's good at playing her "old self"

Meggy sat down at the table where Tari placed a plate of heart shaped pancakes infront of her, there were small balloons here and there, different colors of pink and red. It took a moment for Meggy to realize what day it was.
"oh shit it's Valentine's Day-! I-I completely forgot!" Meggy felt a small feeling of sadness, she didn't get Tari anything, and here she is, making Meggu heart shaped pancakes and decorating the house. "No need to panic Meggy! I already have some plans we can do! I-I wanted to.. take you out for lunch near this park.." Tari blushed a bit as she shyly spoke, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Oh..? Really?"

"Yeah... you don't really have to gift me anything! Being with you is enough.. I like being with you Meggy... every moment with you I enjoy.."

Meggy softly smiled and kissed her lips, smiling as she held her close. "What did I do to deserve you...?"
"Meeting me on your first day back... I love you so much."