Willing To Risk It - Finnick Odair

Finnick x Fem!reader

Warnings: mentions of torture

Word count: 1,602

Summary: To join the rebellion or not?

Authors Note: My first Finnick imagine and I'm really proud of this one.

"I hate that man." Y/n stated as she and Finnick watched President Snow announce that the next Hunger Games will be a Quarter Quel. A game of Victors.

"Me too." Finnick sighed rubbing his hands down his face. Like they haven't been through enough going through all that the first time?

"I don't want to go back in, Finnick." Y/n's voice broke as she looked to her husband. The games had left both of them with PTSD and nightmares, those never go away. And now there was a chance they could lose eachother.

Finnick got up and moved over the sit next to Y/n, pulling her into his side. Wrapping his arms around her, tight. He rested his chin on the top of her head. "I don't either, sweetheart."

"If you do get reaped again..." Y/n spoke pulling her away to look at him. She nodded needing to be able to look in his yes and know he really was promising her what she was asking of him. "Promise me you'll fight."

"You know I will. Especially for you." Finnick stated looking her in the eyes, bringing her hair bacl. He'd always fight for her. No matter what."You need to promise me the same."

Y/n nodded giving him a watery smile. "I promise."

Not even days later the Victor'sgoing back into the arena were chosen through those stupid little papers in the glass bowl. Much to Finnick's relief, Y/n had not been chosen, but Finnick was and Y/n's heart dropped. Finnick had to reassure her that he would try to win for her.

Because the Capitol Loved Finnick and Y/n's relationship Y/n was allowed to come with him. Once they got to the Capitol the questions were flooding everyone. When District 4's chariot came back Y/n immediately put her attention on the horses as Finnick rounded the cart to wrap his arms around her.

"Who's that?" Katniss asked nodding towards the District 4 chariot where she saw a girl and a Victor petting the horses.

Haymitch, Peeta, and Effie all glanced over in the direction Katniss was looking in before Haymitch answered. "Finnick Odair."

"Whose the girl with him? She wasn't in the chariot earlier." Peeta asked his voice less tense and less guarded than Katniss'. He was honestly curious.

"We'll talk and explain back at the suite." Effie smiled at the young man and woman before her. Haymitch nodded in agreement so they all headed up the District 12 suite. They had all including Cena and a couple of other's moved to sit around the living area talking about the other victors that'll be in the arena as well.

"Now you both were asking about the young lady with him." Cena brought up as Effie had, mentioned it to him earlier.

Katniss nodded. "Yeah. Who is she?"

"Well-" Haymitch went to start but got cut off.

"She was at the reaping for district 4." Peeta added wanting to know why the girl victor that wasn't chosen was in the Capitol with the two that were.

"Y/n y/l/n- Odair. Very sweet girl." Cena answered smiling as he thought back on the times he's interacted with the Y/h/c-ed girl.

"Very polite young lady but also has a fire in her." Effie also smiled as she talked about the victor from District 4, having fond memories of the girl as well.