Chapter 1 : Respect To Romance

"Captain! There's a pyro abyss mage behind you! Watch out!" 

Upon hearing this, the swift Spindrift Captain turned around and with immense power— hewed her blade on the mage's sheild, completely shattering it.

"Beg for mercy!"

And the abyss mage fell unconscious on the ground from her great impact. The rookie scouts, especially one named Y/n L/n, watched this scene with big glittering eyes. While everyone around them applauded, Y/n remained in awe, their eyes still fixed on their captain with a mixture of wonder and fascination. They were in a trance, unable to tear their gaze away from the captivating captain. 

Right then, someone's voice called out to them but it didn't reach the said person's ears. 

"Y/n." 

"Y/n."

"L/n Y/n!"  

"Y-yeah!?" Finally, Y/n replied to the voice of their fellow teammate called Ellin. 

"Captain just called you! Go to her!" She whisper shouted in their ear as Y/n noticed their Captain looking at them expectantly. Y/n immediately stepped forward and walked towards her hesitantly. 

"Y-yes Captain! Y/n's present!" They reported in a wavering tone as the older female squinted her eyes towards them. 

"Didn't you hear what I said just now?" She questioned, scrutinizing her student's behaviour.

"N-no Captain! I apologise!" They bowed exactly ninty degree. The captain stepped closer to them as they raised themselves. She leaned down to their level and maintained an intense eye contact. 

"I said note down all the weak students' names, including yours, and bring the list to my office after today's session ends." She said in a loud assertive tone which intimidated the students but Y/n. Their chest thumped and stomach felt fuzzy. 

"Sure Captain! I understood!" They said in a loud voice and bowed their head.

Eula then stepped back and ended the class. Y/n let out a breath as Ellin walked to them. 

"I thought she was about to give you some lashing but she didn't, surprisingly." She said as Y/n nodded their head in agreement. 

"She's very strict and cold to her students. I wonder if she grew a soft spot for us since we are the only ones who don't despise her because of her bloodline." Ellin deduced as Y/n replied in favour. 

"Yeah that may be the reason. She must've heard that we speak highly of her from Master Jean."

"Certainly. Anyways, let's go to the library! It's Ms. Lisa's literature class." 

"Yeah." 

At night, in Captain Eula's office 

A knock reverberated through the wooden door signalling the busy Captain about someone's arrival. 

"Come in." She approved, busy with paperwork at hand. The door slowly opened revealing a hesitant Y/n with a piece of paper in their hand. 

"State your name and business." The busy female ordered not looking up. 

"L/n Y/n! I'm here with the weak students' list!"

Eula's face scrunched up in annoyance as she finally moved her gaze up and connected with her student in front of her. 

"Don't scream in my office L/n. This isn't the headquarters." 

"I apologise Captain." 

"Pass me the list." And the student did. Eula read through the names in her mind and nodded in satisfaction.