Backstory

March 16, 1995

My parents decided to take me on a vacation as a gift for my fifth birthday. We left the mansion in Taguig City while it was already raining, and we had no idea the roads would be hazardous.

My dad was a pilot who flew for Laxamana Airlines, which was owned by my mom and she works as an engineer for Saavedra Group of Companies, that my dad runs.

We were on our way to San Juan, Batangas, when Dad lost the brakes, forcing us to fall into the ravine around Laguna. I saw dad's blood drain from the top of his head as he struggled to breathe, and I heard mom's consoling words for dad as she tapped on her phone, praying that someone would answer when she called.

Mom looked at me in the backseat, and happily, she was able to fetch me and carry me to the front seat, where she sat. She tenderly caressed my face, removed the few hairs that were hiding my face, and kissed and held me.

"Please know that mommy and daddy always loves you."

Although there were other words as well, I could only really recall that one. I felt my mom's strong embrace as all went dark with a huge crash.

When I woke up, I was in a strange room and I could hear voices, aunt Phoebe was here. She replied that my parents hadn't made it when I asked where they were. She's all I have left.

When she told me as a child that I would not be living with her but would instead be living in the Visayas, I simply consented because I had no idea where that would be or what would happen after.

Being born into a lineage of fortune and growing up in an environment of unfathomable power and wealth, my life drastically shifted after my parents suddenly passed away. I ended up becoming an orphan in this world.

My parents provided me with a legacy to carry on, but it is tainted by betrayal and greed since the inheritance is being managed by my aunt who is driven by greed and money.

As I grew up, I found myself caught in a web of manipulation, with the people trying to control my destiny and the empire we have left behind attempting to conceal who I am.

I was given to a poor family and we lived in the provinces of Borongan, Eastern Samar. Every month, Aunt Phoebe sent money to my guardians, but she never pays me a visit. I had two younger sisters, an elder brother, and a mama and papa there.

My oldest brother would do anything to make me feel uncomfortable around other people. The other two sisters were the complete opposite; they have been kind to me since we were young. Mama and Papa lavished me with love, attention, and care; they are neither conceited nor violent. Despite the fact that we were unrelated, I came to adore them.

My aunt's money helped them live well; it sent my brother to a prominent school in Catarman, Samar, where he is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in civil engineering.

Mama and Papa never stopped working since, despite having Aunt Phoebe's money, it wasn't enough. After all, we are a family of six. Papa is a fisherman, and Mama works as a laundress.

They tried everything they could to make ends meet for our family. When I witnessed their sacrifices, I realized why they had to do this and agree to my aunt's demands for hiding me here.

Life was hard here but the people who became with me made it easy for a girl who was born with a silver spoon live comfortably here. I got the chance to see how the people live with little to no means, and for that, it was worth it.

I am Allena Jade Laxamana Saavedra, and this is where it all started.