Feb 18th

Basil was eating a vanilla piece of cake with green icing. His fork stabbed into the cake over and over again. He had a really bad headache and couldn't focus on the loud banter of his family and friends playing uno beside him. Mindlessly stabbing into the cake.
It was February 18th, or Basil's birthday.
He hated his birthday, even if it was spousely his 'golden birthday'.
His friends were trying to cheer him up, but they knew why he always was distant and emotional on his birthdays.
Aubrey tugged Basil's arm, "Basil wanna play a round with us?"
Basil gave Aubrey a fake smile and declined, "I'm okay, I need to study for my finals."
Basil ran up the stairs and into his bathroom where he scarfed down Aspirin. His hands gripping onto the sink, he looked at himself through the mirror, dull eyes, the same question he always asked, why him? Why on his own birthday?
He collapsed to thr ground, in a puddle of pain. Just then he heard a knock on the bathroom door, "Basil?" The familiar voice called out.
Basil didn't respond.
The voice opend the bathroom door.
"Basil.. are you okay?" Sunny sat down beside Basil.
That question was a stupid one, of course Basil wasn't okay. He was lying on the cold bathroom floor in a puddle of his own tears.
"Mhm.." Basil mumbled.
Sunny put his hand over basils head, playing with his hair.
"You are my sunshine, My only sunshine." Sunny always sang this to Basil when he was sad.
"You'll never know dear, How much I love you,"
Sunny's voice flowed out of his mouth, and his gentle hands always calmed Basil.
Basil's eyes were watering like the rain on a stormy night.
"Do you love me Sunny?" Basil asked.
"I love every inch of you Basil, so does your grandma and Aubrey and Kel and Hero and Mari."
"mhhmmhm.. " Basil sat up, Huddled, his face buried in his body.
Sunny began to braid Basils hair, he wasn't as fast or good as Aubrey at braiding hair but he had nothing better to do with his time.
"Happy birthday to you... "
Basil covered his face with his hands.
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, "
"stoopp," basil grond.
"Dear Basil, Happy birthday to you.."
Sunny had already sang Basil too songs in the spanned of 10 minutes, which embarrassed Basil heavily.
Basil rested his head on Sunny's arm, wishing life could stay like this forever.