Respect

Respect is a late middle English term.

Drives from a Latin term:

Respicere: look back at

Re - back

Spicere - look at

The word ‘Respect’ was used a lot (0.0220%) until 1850’s, then started going downhill. The word is now being used half the percentage rate (0.0110%) than it was in the early 1800’s.

~ No matter what, in any way, shape or form, respect always comes from the heart.

If you look up ‘Respect’ on Google, you will find a few definitions (which I will talk about).

“A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.” (noun)

Other familiar words of the type of respect: Honor, Admiration

Being liked by or for your abilities, qualities.

Being congratulated for your achievements.

“The state of being admired or respected”

This kind of respect is usually in the Business, Political or Christianity world.

“Due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.”

Other familiar words of the type of respect: Politeness, Courtesy

So many people don’t understand how important this type of respect means to people in relationships.

Doesn’t matter what type of relationship.

Every personal relationship demands this type of respect.

“A person’s polite greetings.”

Example: Give my respects to your parents.

“Avoid harming or interfering with.”

This has to do with anything or anyone that can be easily angered/hurt or already angered/hurt.

“Agree to recognize and abide by (a legal requirement).”

Other familiar words of the type of respect: Follow, Obey, Absent

This has to do with your constitutional rights, or any rights at all.

(One definition that is not on Google but in a dictionary)

Honor, “Show respect to those who are older”

“A particular aspect, point, or detail.”

Something that can be considered.

Some certain points in a conversation, a person's life, a book or anything else can only be respected so much.

Particular details in a book, a picture, a lesson, or the way someone describes something can be respected so much. And other details, so little respect compared to the favored details.

We all have our own opinions about this, but I say: There is one book out there, the Bible: The parts we don’t like ‘has to be’ respected just as much as the parts we do like.

~ Respect comes from the heart, just like any other good feeling should.

~ This is where respect is shown (someone else’s or your own heart, a plant, animals, someone’s accomplishments and showing respect in many ways), and also where respect comes from. I believe that anything you say or do should come from the heart, no matter what. I say this is a meaning, but it's how to earn and show respect, but also where it comes from.

~ If someone comes to trust you, that means they have learned to respect you as well, vise-versa. But this type of respect would only come from or be towards someone you know. Example: If you trust someone to borrow something, you’ll respect the time they can give it back (within a meaningful amount of time of course). In this type of respect, respect cannot be without trust. Other than that, in other ways, respect can come by itself.

~ Certain phrases, meanings, conversations, feelings, or attitudes do not deserve respect. Of course, someone could take a meaning or a feeling the wrong way (texting someone - either of you can misinterpret how they/you are saying it), but if it has hate and discomfort instead of love, it deserves zero respect.

On the other hand, certain phrases, meanings, conversations, and feelings deserve some or a lot of respect.

A phrase for an example, I’ll explain what I get out of it and you decide if it deserves respect and how much.

"There's more to them that meets the eye." - Optimus Prime

There's something others don't realize what some people have. Characteristics, personalities, in other words the type of person someone is. Some say, "All guys are the same." Well don't be saying that until you know every guy that's alive, was alive, and will be alive.

 We all think about one thing, and that’s living life. Rather if it's all about the money, the love (something you got to find on your own), history (interesting things that no one wants/seems to remember, or want to know), science (what keeps us ahead in the future), Christian's and their way of life, or even just family and friends (all you need to survive emotionally). There's more out there than just something you can see with your eyes.

*And that's what I get from Optimus Prime*

How much respect do you think this phrase from Optimus Prime deserves?