•1•

Being an only child was always hard on me

Being an only child was always hard on me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the attention I got from both parents. It was great! It is great. But sometimes they look out for you too much.

"Carl? Where are you? "

I could hear the worried voice of my papa as he walked down the hallway of our huge mansion.

"In here!"

I shouted back, not giving a shit to look back. The door opened, and I heard a sigh come from him. I paid no attention and played with my pet cat, Darcy.

"You've been in your room for ages...you know..being a kid, you should be playing outside." Papa said softly. He came over and sat down next to me on the floor.

I shrugged, I never liked playing outside. The feeling of the hot sun on your skin, being all sweaty and having to take a shower once you get back inside. It's all too much.

"Maybe, but what's so fun about that? After all, I don't have anyone to play with, " I muttered and rolled my eyes, I pet Darcy, and she purred.

Papa sighed. He always does. After a while of saying nothing, he stood up and gave me a kiss on the head.

"I'm going to the studio with Niall and Zayn, wanna tag along or want to stay with Dad?" Papa asked as he pet Darcy.

I smiled at the mention of Zayn,
"I'll go!"
I blurted out with the biggest grin on my face.

Papa laughed and nodded. "It's cold out. You might want to put on a jacket," Papa requested as he walked over to my closet.

It's not if I wanted to, I had to. He was already walking to my closet to get one for crying out loud! I nodded and stood up. I walked over and jumped on my big bed. Papa tossed me a warm denim jacket and some socks.

I put them on and then cheered.
"Let's go now!"
I said excitedly.

Zayn was so cool! He always showed me his tattoos, and he told me cool stories. He also always had candy with him, that's why I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Niall was cool, too. He's super funny, and we always prank everyone together.

"Okay, let's go say bye to dad first, alright?" Papa said as we walked down the spiral stairs, Darcy following behind us.

I nodded. "Yup!" I jumped down at the last step and giggled. Papa knew what I was gonna do next, so when I was about to run, he grabbed me by the arm and shook his head.

"You're no fun," I groaned and pouted.

"What? You want to slip again, like you do all the time. I always tell you, don't run on wood when you only have socks on, " Papa said sternly. I just rolled my eyes again and nodded.