Prologue

A/N: in this AU the ancients were humans

Alex ran through the streets next to his big brother, his big brother smiled down at him as Alex picked up a large rock and showed him "look! Look!" he jumped around Jack's feet and Jack smiled "it's a rock" Alex cheered "a big rock!" Jack chuckled "yeah" Alex was irritated when Jack ruffled his hair and he said "hey!" he tries to push Jack away and Jack says softly "you up for a lollipop little bro?" Alex instantly beamed again.

"Candy!" he cheered and Jack smiled softly leading Alex back to the car, Jack jumped over the cracks on the sidewalk, his shoes making soft thumping sounds on the concrete and Alex was aware of Jack keeping a close eyes on him to make sure he didn't run off.  Alex was still holding the rock and Jack arrived at the car and chuckled softly "put the rock down," he took the rock gently and Alex whined but Jack shoved a lollipop in his face and Alex instantly stopped his whining.

Jack said softly "lets get home, okay?" he pushed Alex into the car lightly and Alex buckled himself in and sucked on the lollipop happily while looking outside at the world he's known his whole life. He yawns softly knowing it was a long drive home, he closed his eyes drifting to sleep, and he dropped the lollipop and Jack's groan was heard.