chapter 01

Havendale Drive

January 29

8:45am                                                                                                                   

                                               Danae Campbell | 23

Hearing my alarm, I sit up rubbing my eyes. I stretch my right arm over to my bedside table and take up my phone. I blink twice clearing the blurriness from my eyes, looked at my phone and realized that I missed 3 alarms, " Bombat mi late" I shouted looking at the time.

I rushed out of bed and went into my bathroom, looking in the mirror I start to think about how I'm gonna get to work before 9:30. " Well mi a d boss, dem can more than wait mmchhtt" I hissed placing the toothpaste on my toothbrush.

I'm Danae, and entrepreneur that owns a Huqqa Company, yes mi basically sell weed fi a living a wah? My branches are at multiple different Hotels in Jamaica so far, but my staff members a cause trouble a d people dem place so I'm holding a meeting at one of our main locations, Grand Bahia.

I took a shower, did my makeup and began putting on my clothes. I wore a white dress that landed right below my knees that also complimented my curves, and a cream Blazer.

 I wore a white dress that landed right below my knees that also complimented my curves, and a cream Blazer

Reference photo...

Once I was ready I went outside and got into my Audi R8.  I sat in the car for about 5-7 minutes waiting for the AC to circulate inside the car and setting up the music, scrolling through my playlist I just let 100 Mile by RajahWild play.

Arriving, I enter showing my ID and having my usual chat with the security.

Yuh well and know d man like yuh off.. My subconscious chimed in.

Yuh love chat don't it, just low mi nuh my girl.

Alright yuh need fi a gwan suh, yuh well and know anytime yuh get fi come d man flirt wid yuh.

Me a ignore yuh enuh.

I parked my car outside and entered the lobby, I took the elevator to the 4th floor and went inside the second room. Walking in everyone was quiet, which did surprise mi. 

When I looked at the other end of the table I realized I saw an unfamiliar face. " I apologise for being late, before we start the meeting, may I ask who you are?".

                                                    Oshane Baxter | 26

Dem people yah suh un-organize man, weh mi fadda sen mi yasso fah. Waste a mi time, mi coulda a drink rum and a smoke right now enuh bredda mchtt.

About to exit the room I see a younger woman enter the room, our eyes meet. " I apologise for being late, before I start the meeting, may I ask who you are?" she asked looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

" Mia Shane son, just sih dung nuh badda rush d ting mumma" I said smiling at her. She placed her bag on the table, put down her elbows and rested her chin on her hand. " Listen, I don't know what that was, but i'm here for them not you" she said and then look pan mi like mia dutty clat.

A wahm to she?

Mi nuh know enuh dawg, but mi want har.

Yuh just meet the gyal, nuh badda tun inna Tajae.

The meeting went on, she discussed the new flavors they would be producing and how she thinks their behavior should be. After that she dismissed.

I waited until everyone else left so I could get a word in. " So yah guh somewhere afta this?" I asked her while opening the door for her to exit. " Yuh nuh need fi know dat, yuh nave a yard fi guh?"she asked with one of her eyebrows raised.

" Yeh, yuh nuh wah come wid mi" I said looking down at her, only to get no response. " Suh yuh nah answer mi?".

Yuh nuh shame?

Mi shame tree bun dung, cyaa feel shame again.

Her phone starts ringing, she answered." Bubi!" she shouted smiling and walked off. 

A joke dis fadda god.

Danae Campbell| 23

The man a walk mi dung to rahtid, him cyaa guh someweh else. While ignoring him I get a sudden call, it was Destiny. " Bubi!" I answered to get him off my back.

"Wah gwan babez", she asked. "Girl mi tiad, a wah?".

" Mi did wah carry yuh out fi eat but nuh badda, yuh seh yuh tiad suh is alright", she said acting like she was sad over the phone. " Girl yuh shoulda seh dat man, yuh know yuh gyal love har belly." I responded.

" Alright den come pick mi up, mi will pay fi d food". I told her ok and then hung up the phone.

                                                                      ...........................................                                                                                                                                                           ..........................                                                                                                                                                                                 ...........                                                                                                                                                                                                ...                                                                                                                                                                                                     .                        

Later that day I went over Destiny's house to pick her up, it took her 10 mins to come out the house. When she got out of the house, she entered the car and gave me a hug.

" Long time mi nuh see yuh gyal" I said starting to drive off. " Fi true, yuh good stillz?", she asked.

" Yeh mi alright, suh weh we a guh?" I asked focusing on the road. " Just anyweh wid seafood. " Likkle gyal! Wah dat fi mean?!". " Mi nuh know, yah ask me?" she said scrolling on her phone.

" Yah something else enuh likkle girl, yah something else..."

" Yuh still love mi don't it" she said laughing.

" No".

" Girl don't do dat", she pouted.

" Yuh cause too much problem, dat wid you. Mi will pay, a true mi did miss yuh." I told her smiling. " Mi know man, thanks cause mi hungryyyy" she slouched in the chair and sighed.

We stopped at lucky crabs and ordered curried seafood boils, we sat at the tree and ate while sharing conversations.

..................................................................

𝑰𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒙𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒎𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒂 𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒘𝒂𝒉 𝒖𝒏𝒖𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌? 𝑰𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑻𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒖𝒉😘🤍....