Chapter One

We've all heard the saying: One man's trash is another man's treasure. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. A man will use and abuse their treasure and then have beef with the recycling man. This was the case with Mega and his love interest, Mila. A slim-thick, 5'5 with brown eyes, caramelized curly-haired goddess. She seemed to love the ground Mega walked on, but she was fresh out of a relationship so it was hard for him to take her seriously. On top of that, the ex-boyfriend was still trying to make Mila's life a living hell.

Mega never tripped though. He knew how it was to be fresh out of a bid. Especially one lasting for more than five years. It was hard to get over sometimes, so whenever Mila brought the old up into a new conversation he laughed it off and let her vent. One of the many reasons she was so comfortable sharing her life with him. She hated the fact that he wouldn't make it official with her, but she understood his position. A man would never settle down with a woman if he wasn't ready. Or, if she had a crazy ex who wouldn't leave her the hell alone.

"Do you even care about what I'm going through, Mega?" Mila sighed into the phone.

"Yes, I do."

"Don't sound like it. You're being so nonchalant about shit."

"I mean, I know how shit go. Y'all fresh out of this relationship, you might wanna take him back one day." He shrugged.

"No. Negative. That will never happen and I keep telling you that. I want you. Nobody else. Especially a nigga I ain't been happy with for a long time," she frowned.

"I hear you, bae."

"Please do. Hear me. Feel me. Love me. Fuck me. All that."

"You so goofy." Mega laughed at that. "So, what's up? Where you at? Am I seeing you tonight?"

"You can see me whenever you wanna see me baby, you just don't."

Mila was always saying something slick, trying to get under Mega's skin. He rarely bit the bait, which was something else she loved and thought was sexy about him.

"Well, I wanna see you tonight. If that's cool with you and your better half."

"My better half? Stop playing with me, Mega. For real."

She hated when he joked with her about her ex. Mega thought it was funny she hated the man so much, but she was always talking about the guy. Yet and still, he never tripped. After breaking off a seven year relationship that grew into an engagement at one point in time, Mega felt like relationship-life was too short to be getting mad about stupid shit. When he felt like Mila was completely over her ex was when he would give 100%. Until that happened, he would only give her devil dick and treat her like a lady was supposed to be treated.

"Alright my bad, my bad," he laughed. "But, nah, I'm going to the white ball tonight and I want you to be my date. You down?"

A bashful smile slid across Mila's face.

"You so damn sexy, you know that?" She bit down on her bottom lip.

"Uhhh ok." He chuckled a little. "You coming or nah? Tryna show you off a lil bit, you know?"

Pretending they were standing in front of each other, he started spitting game.

"Yes baby, I'm going with you."

"Cool. I got a lil sumn-sumn for you. Meet me at the crib at like nine."

"Alright baby, I love you."

"I love you too."

He did love her. He loved every girl he ever dealt with, intimately, and they all still love him. Mega was a ladies man. The kind of guy a girl could be herself around with no judgment. The kind of guy that would have your back even if you crossed him. But, don't get it twisted, Mega had a dangerous side. One that rarely surfaced, but it was definitely there, and once it came out it was hell trying to get that motherfucker out of the picture.